Chapter 35

Om and Gauri are at the hospital.

O: Gauri, are you nervous?

G: No, I have you by my side. Why should I be nervous?

O: Not even a single bit?? I mean, you are going to go through two surgeries and you are not scared.

G: Well, I am actually excited (Smiling)

O: Excited??

G: Yes, I am going to see my guardian angel for the first time.

O: Wait, what?? 

G: I am going to see you for the first time so obviously I will be ecstatic. 

O: You are so crazy, Gauri... You always say the most random things at the wrong times.

G: I know that already. You do not need to tell me. But, on a serious note, if something happens to me, I want you...

O: Gauri, nothing is going to happen to you. These doctors are experts in their field.

G: Even experts make mistakes. So please listen to me. I want you to open this envelope and read the note. Then, you need to do as it requests. Will you make that promise for me?

O: Nothing is going to happen to you so I will make this useless promise. After all, you did say that you will be fine if I am by your side so I am going to stay at the hospital the entire time. That way, I will be the first person who sees your face too.

G: Do not be so dumb. You need to go home and rest. I will be fine here. Also, I will be unconscious for the entire time so I will not even notice a thing.

O: You know how stubborn I am, do not even try.

G: Do whatever you want. But, I know that you automatically go back home. 

The nurse comes.

N: The operation theatre is ready. Gauri madam, can you please come inside?

The nurse takes Gauri to the room. Gauri turns around and looks at Omkara. She then runs to Omkara and hugs him hard.

G: Omkaraji, please do not leave the hospital. I am really scared now and want you here. I was just joking before but now as each minute passes by, I am scared.

O: Gauri (Holding up her face), smile. Smile for me.

Gauri wipes her tears and smiles.

O: Listen up, nothing is going to happen and when I see you, even though you will look different, to me, you will still be the same person. Also, I have a really good surprise for you so I hope that will make you feel better.

Gauri breaks free from the hugs, smiles at him and heads inside the room.