Chapter 34

G: Omkaraji, I am not some charity case.

O: From now on, I will be creating art pieces that are based on our experiences. Whatever money I get, you will get 50% of the money. I am the artist and you are the... the model, but not like a provocative model if you know what I mean. You have to agree to this because this is the only way I can create good pieces.

G: Omkaraji...

Om places his hands on her shoulder.

O: I know you are scared but you have me by your side. You never had a support system before and you fought against some many problems. But, with me, this is nothing.

G: Fine then.

Om smiles and Gauri holds on the money. 

G: Omkaraji, I want you to hold onto the money. 

O: But, it is for your treatment though.

G: But you are raising it for me and that is why I want you to hold onto. Money is nothing to me, while right now, trust and beliefs are the only things I have now. I trust you and I believe that you will help me.

Om with tears in his eyes, takes the money from her hands.

O(Thinking): How can that Gauri and this Gauri be the same person? Was I that stupid? She was after money and this Gauri wants to treasure relationships. But, why do I feel like she is connected to the Gauri I met in Bareilly? Was there a misunderstanding? 

Time passes and a little by little, Om raises money from his art pieces. Both of them get closer as good friends.

O: Gauri, we need a photo of you for the reconstructive surgery. Do you have one? If you do not, then I can go to your home town and get it for you?

G: No, you do not need to go to Bareilly to get it. I have it here.

O: Bareilly? (He remembers Gauri.)

G(Thinking): Gauri, you are an idiot. Until I see his face, I cannot tell him the truth. What if he is that Omkara or even knows the other guy? I cannot break his heart.

G: When I was baby, my home town was Bareilly. I grew up in an orphanage in Bareilly. That is why when you said home town, Bareilly popped up. 

O: Do you know anyone else name Gauri?

G: No, (Thinking) But, I know that Gauri Kumari Sharma lived there and her life got destroyed because of that village. (Says) Why do you know someone there?

O: No, the reason why I asked is because Gauri is a very common name so just of curiousity, that's all. 

Gauri goes to her suitcase and takes an envelope.

G: This is the only picture I have of myself. Please give it back to me once you have discussed with the doctor. 

She goes to give the envelope to Om and takes it back immediately.

G: Omkaraji, can you do me a favour?

O: Gauri, what do you need?

G: Please, do not look at this photo. I want you to be the first person to look at me for who I actually am after the operations. You are the person who changed my life so I am requesting you to not look at the photo.

O: That is it... Wow, I thought you were going to tell me not to help you out again. I promise that I will not look at the photo.

Gauri passes the photo to Om and he takes it with him. 

G(Thinking): Shankerji, you showed Omkaraji to me and I married him as my husband. But, once this operation is over, I am going to start my new life. I will never get married to him until he releases me from this marriage. What if he comes back and I am already married to someone else? But, I promise you that I will never leave this Omkaraji. Just like how he is my support now, I will be his backbone to him. I just hope he is not the same Omkaraji. Please fulfill my wish...