off days and unexpected parties

Kayla's POV

I wake up in the morning actually feeling refreshed. I look over at the clock and see it's 10:30. wow I slept late! anyways I get up and go to the bathroom to do my business then came back and noticed Jayden wasn't here. I looked everywhere and couldn't find him when I heard a knock at the door and I went to answer it to see a smiling chance.

" hey babe you ok?" he asks giving me a kiss noticing my state 

" yea but have you seen Jayden I can't find him?" I ask him worriedly .

" oh yea I forgot to leave you a note but aspen picked him and Brooklyn up to go spend the day together sorry about not telling you. Alyssa let her in and got him dressed so you could sleep " he says and I sigh in relief.

"no it's ok I just was scared when I didn't know where he was. but thats very sweet of aspen." I tell him hugging on him.

" yea she wanted to hang out with the both of them. and I want to hang out with you but sadly today is my day for vocals with my solo so I won't see you till later on, but I just came by to see you on my way to the studio." he says pouting causing me to giggle. 

" well don't worry because while y'all are in the rehearsals I am going to go hang out with miles and work on some music so just text me when you guys are done ok?" I ask him and he says ok and kisses me and leaves for rehearsal while I change into:

after I was done I went to miles room and knocked when I heard a faint "come in" so I walked in and saw miles putting on his shoes.

" hey you ready to go?" he asks me and I nod. we head outside to the car and we head off to Olive Garden for lunch. we get there and were seated and we order. we start talking about just random things. it's nice

" this is Nice you know , I feel like I haven't spent time with you in forever." I tell him honestly.

" yea I know what you mean its just I've been spending time with my family and your the first person I'm telling but I have been in the studio working on some music." he says and I squeal .

" oh my gosh miles that amazing I'm so proud of you. this is huge!" I tell him and he smiles.

" thanks. well what about you. you've been in the studio also and your new song drops in 2 weeks how exciting is that?" he asks me.

" haha it's exciting i'm just nervous as to what everyone is going to think of the song." I tell him truthfully .

" hey don't think like that everyone is going to love it ok and your gonna make it big and start booking gigs like crazy ." he tells me making me smile.

" well I do already have this one gig but you have to promise not to tell anyone it is supposed to be a surprise ok." I tell him laughing and he says ok.

" ok well Tim pulled me aside yesterday and said that him and the whole team for the show want me to perform my new song during the finale but they said that want the performance to be a surprise to everyone so I can't tell anyone till the day of but seeing as your my best friend I wanted to tell you." I say to him waiting for his reaction.