chapter thirteen

" the one that held me down and kinda told the truth, " blackbear,, i miss the old u

daisy's pov
I stood at the pier shifting from one foot to the other.

"So you'll go with me?" The short boy said, quite disinterested himself, despite him being the one to ask me down to the pier.

I had met Toby Greene a couple times before, however I wouldn't exactly call us friends, acquaintances if you will. After hearing about the dreadful and arrogance-filled actions he performs on the footy field, makes me question his true personality.

Right now he was asking me to the party that Dustin Martin and Dane Swan hold every year. Only certain people get to go, but I used to play mixed footy with Dusty so I get an invite. It also may be because of my brother. Toby clearly wasn't invited, but his friends were, so he needed a way in. I don't know why I was considering saying yes, maybe it's because I felt pity for him, because he had set a reputation her himself. So that's what I said;

"Uh, yeah sure," I nodded, he nodded back and we stood in an uncomfortable silence. Reluctantly, my phone dinged and I used the opportunity to fake a way to leave.

I looked at my phone and pretended to read.

"Oh it's my brother,"

"Hm?"

"I have to go, Greene. I'll see you Saturday." I ran off. What did I just do?

.....
"You did what?!" Jamie yelled at me as Darcy set quietly, spinning around in the spinny chair.

"Look he asked me there and asked me nicely so I said yes." I tried to reason.

"You know he's punched me," Darcy spoke up. "And he kicked your brother."

"Okay! I get it! he's an ass but I couldn't say no." I put on an innocent tone, as the two boys gave me a disapproving look.

"You know what? Do whatever, but don't come crying to me when something bad happens." Jamie said storming out of the room and slamming the door. I looked at Darcy, awkwardly.

"Fine." I shrugged.