CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

I was waiting with my heart in my hand, eager to see the love of my life. Excitement boiling up to my throat, I stood there, with the ring in my right hand behind the back and the left one rubbing the knuckles of the right. I rubbed the pocket of my coat a few times to make sure the content of that compartment was alright. Nostalgia hit me like a gust of wind. With a few deep breaths and some silent "It's okay, it's gonna be alright", my mind was feeling unstable still.

 With a few deep breaths and some silent "It's okay, it's gonna be alright", my mind was feeling unstable still

That is when she walked in.

Like every clichéd movies, all the music faded away and the wind seemed to rejoice with my beating heart. With her usual grace, she stood in front of the terrace door, stunned at the sight before her. As she kept taking in all the things around her, I was taking in the sight of her. Seeing her, I knew. Seeing her, I was calm. Seeing her, I was sure.

She came walking down the makeshift aisle made of petals, looking like the happiness of my entire life ahead. It's true that I've been making arrangements all over just for us to meet at this moment right here, just like I dreamt of it ever since the time I knew her. But I had no idea, neither did I think of what to say to her at a moment like this. Standing here, living that most cherished new dream of mine, I don't think I had to write a script for this, even in my dusty brain.

It felt so right that I just knew.

I took her cold hands in my left and couldn't help but kiss them.

"What's going on, Chan?" Her voice was shaky; her lips and eyes trembling. But the 'Chan', like always, was what got my engine going. The moment's here, finally. Finally.

I took a deep breath, ready to pour my heart and soul out on a platter for her to salvage. Either it was going to be the best life or the worst, depending on what happened in the next few minutes. But if I weren't vulnerable enough to be a man this time, then I might remain vulnerable forever.

"Y/N... Do you remember that rude man you met who shoved you off? For whom you had to be in pain for a long time? Do you remember that crazy man who kept annoying you with his hurtful words? Do you remember that day a man confessed his worst nightmares to you? And do you remember how beautifully you had shared the pain that that man had cursed himself with?"

I leaned in closer and looked into her eyes. They were always so beautiful and always laced with a billion untold stories of pain. I couldn't stop myself from saying the things I've been waiting to tell her since forever.

"I do. That man is standing before you. That man had learned to pick up his guitar again and play in his most favorite place in the memory of a loving friend. That man had taken someone finally to his grandparents' archives, which meant more than the world to him. That man had gotten up on the stage to sing his heart out to tell the woman he loves that he loved her, because he couldn't man up and say that to her directly. That man had felt the sadness, happiness, love, hatred, anger and fear of his beloved."