12

A/N: I'm gonna start writing Bill's stutter in now :)

Cass

Bill and I had ordered our food already and sat in our booth waiting for it to arrive. Of course, Bill again insisted on paying for it. 

"School today, damn." I huffed, playing with the string on Bill's gym hoodie that I was wearing.

"We c-could search for Georg-gie and Teddy afterwards?" He smiled.

"Sure. What about the boys, will they help us?" I asked.

"Sure they wil-l." 

The same lady that served us before, did the same again. She set down our plates and smiled at Bill and I both. "Hopefully your friends don't interrupt your date again. Have fun kids." She tucked her pen into her hair before trotting away back behind the counter. 

"It's not," I began to mutter because I knew she wouldn't hear me. "A date." I looked down at my waffles and sighed uncomfortably.

"I guess we m-make quite the duo." Bill diffused the tension.

"I guess." I smiled, picking up my fork. I was thankful for the fact that I wasn't humiliated. She mentioned us dating, and I didn't hear a scoff of disapproval, no pity laughs. 

"We need to stop meeting like this." Richie sat down opposite Bill and I.

"Richie, we followed them here." Eddie tutted and slapped Richie up the side of his head. "Idiot." 

"You mind?" Mike nodded towards my waffles, where his index finger hovered over the cream. 

"Not at all, Hanlon." I smiled and his plunged his finger into the cream.

"Don't mind if I do." Stan did the same.

"Clearly th-his is a doub-ble date then-n." Bill moved his plate into the middle of the table, allowing the vultures to pick at the waffles as if it was the carcass of an animal.

"Was it a date anyway?" Richie exclaimed, he and Eddie jumped out of there seats.

"Cilly! Cilly!" Eddie, literally, screamed, jumping up and down.

"I know!" Richie screamed, jumping up and down and moving his arms in such a way it looked like a one sided cat fight. "I know! Holy shit!"

"Sit the fuck down." Stan stood up, covering his face slightly. He spoke through gritted teeth, as if an ashamed mother would do.

"Yes, sir." Richie grabbed Eddie's arm and pulled him back into the enclosed corner of the booth.

"Fuck!" Eddie shouted, staring at his calculator watch. "We're 20 minutes late to school."

"Shit." We all grabbed our bags and left the restaurant in a hurry, the only sign of our presence was the bell that rung behind us.

"Go!" Bill shouted, laughing at the boys, almost throwing themselves at their bikes. Bill and I, had no bikes. 

"See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!" Mike shouted. 

"Haha, fuck you two! You both have detentions now!" Richie shouted back at me and Bill, but karma came back to bite him in the ass when he almost face planted because of a branch in the road.

"We aren't-t  gonna make it to sc-chool even if we run-n. We may aswe-ll skip firs-st." Billy smiled.

A mischievous smile appeared on my face. "Mr Denbrough, skipping school. Sure, we need to be there for second period though." 

"Of c-course, first period is-s daring enough." He laughed, walking down the street next to me. "What would you su-ggest we do for an hour and-d a hal-lf."