S.C.O.T.T.

He still had the blanket wrapped around himself, and he wore a simple smile.

I gasped as soon as I saw him, before backing up, and glancing around for a weapon of some kind. "Stay back," I ordered as he entered the apartment.

He stopped. "I do not intend to harm you," he assured me.

"Right, just stalk me and follow me home," I retorted before grabbing a pan off of the stove, and wielding it like a baseball bat.

"I followed you to your home to ensure your safety."

I swung the pan at his head. However, it didn't hurt him. Instead it felt like I was hitting steel. Pain shot through my arms, and I dropped the pan. The pan was dented, and the man didn't move at all.

"You are hurt," he stated simply.

I shot him a confused glare. "What the hell are you and why are you following me?" I demanded angrily as I rubbed my sore arms.

"I am a Specially Created Observational Technological Trainee, otherwise known as an S.C.O.T.T. Your safety is my top priority. I have been trained to tend to my human," he explained.

Ok, I could play along.

"Well, S.C.O.T.T is too much to say, so I'm going to call you Scott, is that ok?" I asked.

"If it is ok with you, then it is ok with me," he replied.

"Ok cool, so...how do I get rid of you?" I questioned.

"I do not understand," he stated simply.

"I don't need to you to worry about my safety. Can't you find another human to tend to?" I inquired.

"You claimed me," he replied.

I shook my head, "When did I do that?"

"At 8:37pm PST, August 27th, 2017," he informed me.

I was in denial about what he was, and reality was starting to win. There was no way he was some robot thing though, right? He was just mentally unstable.

But the pan dented, and he wasn't even effected.

I took a deep breath. This couldn't be happening. There was no way that I could've accidentally claimed some robot thing, and now he was required to protect me. There was no way.

"Ok, and how do I un-claim you?" I questioned.

"The bind can only be broken if I am destroyed, or if you stop living," Scott noted.

"That's fantastic," I muttered sarcastically, "There isn't any other way?"

"There is not."

"Do you have an off-switch?" I tried.

"I do not."

I didn't know what to do. I couldn't just let him to stay here, but I couldn't exactly just get rid of him either.

"What if I don't want you anymore?" I quizzed.

"Then I will leave," he replied.

That's what I wanted. "Ok, I don't want you anymore," I assured him.

"You are not truthful," he countered.

I rolled my eyes, "Leave," I ordered, pointing at the door.

"You seek companionship. Until you are satisfied, I cannot leave."

This was ridiculous, and this conversation was getting redundant.

There was nothing I could do. Until I could trick him into thinking I was satisfied, I was stuck with him.