Scars

When I woke up, I nearly forgot that Scott was there, and flinched when I saw him sitting against the wall by the door; right where he was when I went to sleep.

He looked toward me, worried. "You're alarmed," he noted.

I exhaled slowly and closed my eyes, "No, it's fine," I muttered before rubbing my eyes. I sat up and tossed my covers aside.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. Thanks," I muttered. I looked towards him, "So, you just sat there for 8 hours without getting bored?"

"I do not get bored," he replied simply.

That seemed highly unlikely, but I went with it. I needed to shower. Scott continued to sit on the floor while I went into the bathroom and showered.

I did my hair, brushed my teeth, and all other necessities before stepping back into my room. I glanced down at Scott, "Do you need to be cleaned today?" I asked him.

"I do not know," he replied. According to what he had told me, as soon as he was able, he left Kevin's place, so I assumed it hadn't happened yet.

I nodded before walking over to my dresser where I'd put his clothes. "Pick an outfit," I instructed. I explained to him what all made up an outfit, and waited patiently while he chose one.

He looked towards me for approval, after choosing one, and I nodded, "Good job," I noted, "Come on," I instructed before heading into the bathroom.

He followed, outfit in his hands. I took the stack of clothing and set it on the counter before retrieving a cloth and turning on the faucet.

"Do you know how to remove your clothes?" I questioned.

"I believe so," he replied.

"Good," I stated, relieved that I wouldn't have to do it. I mean, I personally wouldn't mind, he was gorgeous, but it would be weird. He didn't experience those kinds of feelings, so I would just feel creepy.

I turned towards the shower to grab the body wash. I flinched at the sound of something tearing. I spun back around and rolled my eyes as Scott tore the shirt off of himself.

"No!" I scolded, and he stopped. At least it was a shirt I didn't even like that much. I sighed before approaching him. "Like this," I stated as I grabbed the hem of the remains of his shirt before lifting it. "Arms up." He did so, and I pulled the shirt off.

I swallowed nervously as my eyes roamed over his chest. Once they roamed down to his abdomen, I instantly felt guilty.

You could still see the scars from the stab wounds. I wanted desperately to know what had happened. I absentmindedly trailed my fingertips over the scars, staring at them in awe.

"I am sorry that I cannot explain the scars," he stated softly, pulling me out of my daze.

I quickly pulled my hand away before shaking my head, "Don't be sorry. It's in the past, it doesn't matter." I tried to sound reassuring.

"You are curious," he pointed out.

"Well, yeah, but it's not important. Don't worry about it," I replied nonchalantly before grabbing a towel. I laid it out on the floor. "Stand on the towel," I ordered, and he obliged.

I lathered up the cloth with the body wash as I ran it under the warm water. I wrung it out a bit before picking a place to begin. I started at his shoulders. He stared off into space while I cleaned him from head to toe.

It wasn't nearly as awkward as I thought it would be. That was only because he focused his gaze on me, and smiled.

...