Secret

I groaned softly as I came to. My head was pounding so hard that I felt nauseous. I brought my hands up, cradling my head before I exhaled slowly.

My memories from the night before were fuzzy, but I remembered the incident at the apartment enough to hate myself.

My hatred for myself only grew when I opened my eyes to find myself in Braden's bed.

"God damn it," I whispered to myself before dragging myself out of the bed. I scrambled to find my clothes and snatch up some Advil before Braden had the chance to wake up.

I got an Uber and returned to the apartment, grateful I had the day off. That way I could spend the day making it up to Scott for being an ass.

I rushed back up into the apartment, and barreled in. "Scott?" I called out.

As soon as I looked at the couch and saw him sitting cross-legged, engrossed in the TV, I let myself relax. I walked into the living room, looking at him awkwardly.

He looked up at me, but did not smile like he usually did when he saw me.

I cleared my throat, "Look...about last night. I was way out of line and I didn't mean to be such a dick."

He looked a little sad, before finally speaking. "So, you're not angry at me anymore?" he asked innocently.

I sighed sadly before sitting next to him. "I wasn't angry at you. I was just...angry in general," I tried explaining.

His eyebrows knitted together, "But if you weren't angry at me, then why was your anger directed at—?"

"Just...drop it, please?" I interrupted, not wanting to think about the situation anymore. He obliged, before looking back at the TV. "Are you feeling any better?"

I relaxed slightly when his eyes lit up excitedly. "I am feeling much better. I panned through my archived information, and I compared my symptoms to the diagnoses. I was simply malnourished, exhausted and dehydrated. I do apologize though, I used a few of your groceries to create a balanced meal, and then I—"

"You what?" I exclaimed, cutting him off and obviously startling him. I stood up as I yelled at him, making him cower down slightly.

His blue eyes widened, before his face claimed a nervous look. "I'm sorry. I should've asked first. You have every right to be upset."

I shook my head, "No...no no no no. You're not supposed to eat. Kevin said it would fuck up your system. God, he's going to kill me!" I groaned before looking back at him, "Please tell me you didn't drink anything." Once he shrunk down more and avoided eye contact, I plopped down on the couch before burying my face in my hands.

"I apologize, but I feel fine. My system doesn't seem to be affected," he informed me in a reassuring tone.

I looked at him again, "That doesn't make any sense. Kevin said your other organs weren't even in use. You shouldn't be hungry or thirsty."

Scott pulled his knees up to his chest, curling up in a ball again. "Are you going to tell Kevin? I don't want him to get angry."

I sighed, pondering it. I knew the right thing to do would be to tell him, but I was terrified that he'd take Scott away from me. I didn't want that to happen. I was already too attached.

"You said you felt fine...?" I asked warily. I looked back at him as he smiled and nodded.

I bit my lip, going over the possible consequences.

But I mean...if it was going to affect his system, it would have by now, right?

I let out a long sigh, "I won't tell him. But if you start to feel weird...at all...tell me, okay?"