Socialize

It took 10 days of nagging from Kirstie to let her meet Scott. I'd hung out with her, I just ordered Scott to wait in the car.

Just 10 days had been enough to completely make me lose my mind. Snuggling into Scott became a daily habit. Even if it was one-sided, I still looked forward to it every day.

It had gotten to the point where just seeing him was enough to brighten my day. Our only sore spot was the eating.

He'd always looks sad when I'd tell him to drop it, but he couldn't make me eat. I ate enough. Things were fine.

"So, your friend's name is Kirstie?" He asked as we ascended the stairs to get up to her apartment.

"Yeah. Do you remember all of the questions we rehearsed?" I questioned. I couldn't have her finding out that he was a robot. With our scenario, he was an old friend from high school that needed a place to stay.

I'd chickened out of the dating scenario I was originally gonna go with.

"I don't feel comfortable with lying," he informed me.

I stopped walking and glared at him, "Why didn't you mention that before I spent an hour going over lies?" I spat at him.

"I didn't want to upset you. Like you are now," he informed me sheepishly.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Just, let me do the talking," I ordered, and he nodded.

I couldn't help but smile when he ran his fingers through his hair.

Kevin was right, he was going through some stages. Although he was picking up on my habits and speech patterns, he still had that Scott flare to him. It was kinda cute to be honest.

I sighed before knocking on Kirstie's door. I heard her scamper to the door before it opened.

"Hey Moonpie," she greeted with a large grin.

I smiled, "Hey. This is Scott," I informed her, motioning toward the tall blond at my side.

"Nice to meet you," she stated as she held out her hand.

Scott smiled politely and shook her hand, "Same to you," he stated simply.

"Come on in," she urged, and we entered.

Scott followed me into the living room before sitting.

"Can I get you girls something to drink?" She questioned.

I wanted something, but it would be weird if I got something and Scott didn't, "Nah it's fine," I stated nonchalantly.

Kirstie rolled her eyes, "You're gonna be here for a while," she reminded me before heading into the kitchen and grabbing three water bottles.

She walked back into the living room before handing me a water bottle. Scott looked to me for approval, and I nodded subtly. He took the water bottle and just held onto it. I wasn't sure if he knew he wasn't supposed to drink it, or if he just didn't know what to do with it.

"So, how long have you two been together?" Kirstie asked eagerly.

"We're not together," I corrected, "Just friends," I replied.

"Then why haven't you let me meet him?" She challenged, arching an eyebrow at me.

I swallowed nervously, but kept my composure. I glanced at Scott who stared at the water bottle with a confused stare.

"He's...shy," I lied.

Kirstie nodded, "I'll try to tone it down," she agreed, and I nodded back. "So Scott, tell me about yourself," she demanded.