Epilogue

A weird sound emanated from the darkness surrounding me. It sounded like a machine that was powering up. The sound rang for a few seconds in my ears before ceasing.

A long silence passed, and I felt more and more suffocated by the second.

"Mitch?"

It was Kevin's voice. It made me want to furrow my eyebrows, but I wasn't sure how to move.

I wanted to flinch when I felt someone grab my hand, but I couldn't.

"Did it work?"

Scott.

I heard Kevin sigh. "You took a few minutes to fully boot up too. Give him a bit."

Oh no.

The accident.

"What if he didn't even want this? I don't want him to feel trapped," Scott murmured, sounding distraught.

"I had no way to ask him. So, when he fully powers up, I'll ask him. If he doesn't want this life, I can shut him down," Kevin offered.

"How operational is he?"

"He should be almost as human as you."

My eyebrows knitted together, and I winced before finally opening my eyes. The scene above me was blurry, and my head ached.

Scott came into view, looking down at me. He gave my hand a squeeze before giving me a sheepish smile. "Hey babe..."

My head spun, and making sense of things was still difficult.

I winced again before slowly sitting up, thankful for Scott's hand against my back so I wouldn't fall back down.

"Are you aware of your location and identity?" Kevin questioned, looking at me worriedly.

I brought up my hand, cradling my head. "Did you fuck with my head and make me a robot?"

Kevin gave me a sad look before looking at Scott who shifted uncomfortably. "I asked him to do it," he blurted out.

"If you don't wanna be a robot, I'd have to shut you back down, and you can be at peace," Kevin offered.

I chuckled humorlessly, "Peace. Dead at 22 after finally finding someone who isn't a complete fuckboy," I quipped. "Besides, I claimed this loser over here. If I was dead, he'd probably spontaneously combust."

Kevin and Scott exchanged concerned looks, before looking at me in unison.

"Technically, before I finished your CPU, you did die," Kevin informed me in a cautious tone.

I sighed in defeat, "So the bond is broken..."

"And you two can only bond with full humans," Kevin added. "However, you don't have to of course, just avoid pressing your hand against other peoples' hands."

Scott crossed his arms and smiled proudly. "That means I don't have to take your orders anymore," he pointed out.

I scoffed, "It's not like you did before," I reminded him.

He shrugged before nodding in agreement. He smiled again before extending his hand to help me step off of the lab table.

It felt weird to stand, but I managed. I looked at Kevin, furrowing my eyebrows. "How long has it been?"

Kevin shifted awkwardly, "Almost a month."

My eyes widened, "So, I just fell off the face of the earth for a month?"

Scott held up his hands, "Don't worry; your friends and family already knew about me, so it wasn't hard to explain to them what Kevin did. I mean, I was afraid your parents were gonna kill us, but we managed," he explained.

"And, since you're Kevin's newest prototype, you're more advanced than me," Scott added.

"Luckily for you," I commented, before focusing on Kevin. "Thank you for everything you've done. Seriously," I muttered, and Scott nodded in agreement.

Kevin smiled proudly before crossing his arms and leaning against the lab table. "So, now...you two can continue on. Just two robots."

A sheepish smile formed on my face as I looked up at Scott. He held out his hand, wearing that infamous warm smile.

"Shall we?"

I placed my hand in his, "It's just you and me."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

A/N: It's over. Who knows, I might (let's be real I probably will) make a sequel to this in the future. But for now, I'm gonna focus on Oddity and Signs. This journey has been fun. I'm surprised you guys stuck around. I'm beyond joyed that you guys liked this story, it was fun to write and read your guys' feedback.  Also, I put all of my oneshots into a oneshot book. I have a new one added to that as well and a new chapter of Signs up. Love you guys. Stay fcute ;*