chapter 25

ARJUN'S POV

I lept from her room and reached Sid who was sleeping peacefully but I couldn't find khushi though. I nudged him hard on his back and he woke up startled .

" Where is khushi ? Aunty is shouting on Meera to open her door! Send her back !" I hissed at him not wanting Meera to get caught.

" I don't know let me sleep " he shouted .

I took him by his hand and dragged him from his bed . " Send Khushi back now! " I ordered him .

We both looked at bed to wake her up but she's nowhere to be found.
" Shit! Did she just leave me like that?" Sid paced in the room .

" What Meera?! I didn't expect this from you! " Lata aunty shouted .

We both ran and opened our door.
Khushi was standing beside Meera looking down and Meera? She's still in my shirt , technically Sid's shirt .

" Sorry aunty , I blocked her. Didn't see time" khushi said looking at her feet.

" But mum it's four in the morning! " Meera whined .

Realisation hit us and we both turned our head towards window to see that it's still dark.

" Don't call me aunty Khushi , Meera it's karuvachauth ! You are married get ready " lata aunty ordered her.

She pouted but dragged herself inside her room and locked it.

" You both can sleep" she ordered both of us.

Me and sid went inside and locked our room, him lying on bed and me staying as far away as I can from it.

" So what did you do yesterday?" I asked him throwing some discarded chips packet .

" Many things which a married couple should do, let me remember it again" he said snuggling his head under the pillow and sleeping.

Both brother and sister are same. Even Sid spreads like octopus on his bed , won't they understand that?
I went inside to take bath .

It was peaceful sleeping beside her . I didn't know that she will throw her shirt away! I laughed at her antics and remembered last night.

' Arjun ! It's so hot move away ' she whined in sleep .

I was sleeping beside her holding by her waist. I took my hand away so that she won't feel hot .

' Arjun ! Damn Sid ! He hid my ac remote somewhere' she shouted again moving left and right on bed.

' baby don't cover urself with duvet ' I suggested her .

I got up from bed and opened balcony door and windows. It was quiet chilly .

When I came back to bed , I was shocked at the sight . She threw her shirt and turned other side facing away from me . Her bare back made me go mad . I was glad that she didn't remove her shorts.
I quickly took duvet and covered her to avoid any kind of disaster.

I didn't touch her after that afraid of consequences. But somehow landed on her when I woke up. It was sight to see!

MEERA'S POV

I went down and found asha aunty along with my mum. She gave me sargi and asked me to eat whatever it has as I have to fast whole day until Arjun makes me eat or drink something in the evening.

" Aunty why can't Arjun fast? Even I want to live long" I asked her munching on my food .

" Meera! Don't make me scold you! Eat " my mum ordered.

"Khushi you can shift your things in Sid's room if got any, if not ask him to take you for shopping!" My mum squealed in excitement.

I had my food and left from there , too sleepy to even process their info . As I was heading towards bedroom mum asked me not to sleep even! So I had to open my case files as I can't trust the novels which are lying infront of me .

Soon it was morning and I left to hospital early so that I can come home .
" Meera ! You will be going to your house " my mum said .

" What do you mean by that? I am in my house " I stated looking at her .

" Baby she meant our home " Arjun said coming from nowhere.

I walked past him , still angry that he undid my clothes while I was sleeping.
" Meera ! Wait I will drop you " he said .

I didn't wait for him and left from there booking a cab for myself. Soon I reached hospital , checking on patients , going on rounds and handling emergency cases .

" Mam ! There's an emergency case now! Your presence is requested!" Nurse came and announced.i gathered up my things and ran to that section .

About three to four ambulances were stationed outside with injured people , there was some fire accident and I had to check each one and assign them to respective departments .

God! I just wanna be posted in some other wing . I don't even have energy in me . I looked at my watch which shows exactly one hour left to break my fast . I decided to end my shift and head back home . My phone rang indicating that it's Arjun . I didn't pick up so I just stared at his pic in my phone and decided to sit on a small chair near the place I was standing.

Suddenly a screeching sound heard and I turned back to find that a vehicle is heading towards my direction . It all happened within seconds.

Bright lights projecting in my eyes . My body too tired to react immediately. I was shoved other side my someone from back and I saw ambulance speeding few inches past me , missing me and hitting another amubulance in front .

My elbows were brusied and I was lying on road . Someone came and pulled me into hug . Nothing was registering in my head . I was too tired to even think so I closed my eyes slowly trying to relax my body .

I woke up with someone whispering sorry again and again . I opened my eyes and found that I am sleeping on  our bed and Arjun is lying beside me holding me .

" You didn't undress me  still?" I asked him straight.

He Immediately opened his eyes and leaped on me kissing me hard. I was breathless. Pushed him away.

He was crying. Very hard.

" What happened Arjun? " I asked hurriedly.

" Thought I will loose you, what would happen to you if I don't come at right time!" He said holding me close.

" We would be in same position except the location changes, it will be in our very own hospital" I said laughing a bit.

His grip on me tightened " don't you dare say that again" he warned me angrily.

" Did anyone get hurt?" I asked him.

" The driver got caught, someone paid him to kill you" he said straight to the point. Shiver ran through my body.

" Who might it be?" I asked him lowly .

" You will know soon love , have this water, eat something and take medicine" he said.

I immediately sprang from my bed , washed hands and pulled him towards balcony from where we can see moon .

Soon I completed rituals and he fed me .

" I am hungry, come on we need to eat " he asked dragging me to dining hall.

" Says the person who ate breakfast, lunch and probably snacks too" I said walking slowly.

He stopped in his tracks turned around and said " I am fasting  , I want you to live long too "

His words made me stand in my place. He is doing all this for me??

He pecked my lips and said " I love you" dragging me with him.

I was awestruck with his gesture .

How can someone love so much??

---------------------------
Please vote, comment and share my story.

Until next time:)