chapter 20

MEERA'S POV

It is early in the morning when my sleep got disturbed by khushi.

"Meera! Get up! You need to get ready in record fast time! It's 9 in the morning! Meera!." Khushi shouted pushing and pulling me away from my comfy bed .

No one wakes me up before ten in the morning! Why should I get up today ? What is so special about it ?

Then I remembered.

I am getting married today!

Shit in one hour???!

Shit! Shit! Shit! It's already 9:15 !

How can time just fly?!

I got up and did my routine. Khushi helped me to get into my outfit which has bright red dupatta combined with beige lehenga and red blouse.

"Khushi ! Pandit ji is calling meeraaaah! " My mum screamed while entering my room looking at me.

No . She did not scream because I looked good, instead I am looking like a drunken person with my hair poking out all sides and my dress unarranged properly over my body.

"Did you just have your first night in broad day light!?." My mum screamed again.

"Mom!."

"Aunty!."

"Meer let's go car is waiting for you, you need to reach there in 10minutes." my brother barged in and stopped in his tracks.

"Holy shit! You can't be late for your own marriage!." He exclaimed.

"Sid it's impossible to get her ready in 5minutes , this idiot didn't even alot stylists wanted a bloody simple marriage!." Khushi shouted at him.

"Okay ! I ll do her hair and mum , khushi get to her dress thank goodness her make up is done!." My brother ordered and they all got to work.

Yes. He can literally do any hair style. Perks of being younger one at home. He used to comb my hair, iron my clothes and even brush my teeth when I am too sleepy to stand.

He gently combed my hair and pinned few strands of it and kept some jewellery over head which I have no idea. He carefully combed rest of hair and tied it with band letting only few strands covering my face

Khushi and mum were impressive too. She draped duppata over my head neatly covering whatever flaws my brother had and secured it with a pin so that it doesn't fall down.

They ushered me down and inside our car. Sid dragged our driver out and started the engine.

We reached in record time just when I was needed. Mum took breath and I ..

Took my first step towards my future, my love..

ARJUN POV

I was sitting in mandap waiting for her ,very anxious to see after three torturous days.

There she is walking behind Sid head down and looking like princess. They made her sit beside me and rituals started again. It felt like my heart has stopped on its own to preserve the moment I saw her.

"You look beautiful." I said unable to control myself.

She smiled and blushed a bit . Although I couldn't see her face due to the duppata , I could feel that she also is nervous.

We did our holy rounds around the holy fire . And I promised to cherish, protect and love her no matter what happens in our lives. We didn't arrange any reception as she said or should I say quoted " I will be tired! Reception is just another word for show off , why don't we do it some other time? You can even buy clothes for it!." She exclaimed with a glint of happiness.