chapter 43

ARJUN'S POV

" I have given her injection. She will be recovering very soon . " Dr . Bhat said moving away from Meera .

I just looked at her sleeping peacefully with steady breaths .

" Khushi called me as soon as she fell down . I am sorry I didn't mean to coz you any trouble . I will just ask other doctor to take care of her if you don't like me attending Meera " he said lowly .

" I thank you from bottom of my heart . It doesn't matter who is it as long as you save my Meera . I am glad you are back in profession" I said thanking him for coming over here when they called him at midnight.

" She went through lot of stress and shock due to the news about your disappearance . And her cut is not too deep although I stitched it . She will be fine now since I injected her medicine . Just don't question her or create any kind of stress from now on . She's fragile " with that said he left me alone with my wife . Who doesn't even know that I am here watching over her , wanting her to look at me once . I feel dejected.

She's fragile

Indeed she is , always been . Too shy to talk about anything she's interested about coz she thinks the other person may not like to discuss about it . I love her and I just want her to open her eyes . Although I know her condition is not serious but I want her to know that her Arjun is back and I ..

I want her to be my home .

That confession which she wrote has proven that I may not love her as much as she does but I am sure I will try my best to be her home too.

I sighed and leaned back on my chair looking at my beautiful wife thinking about what has happened over past few days .

Flashback

I disconnected her call and sat to check in . They might call us anytime .
God! I am so excited! I will just pin her to me all the time . Hell I will even sit in her operation theatre!!! I can't miss my Meera , my wife anymore .

I checked my bag and wallet but still I feel something is missing. I just feel something is left back . I thought for few minutes and heard announcement for check in . I got up lazily feeling something is missing from me. 

' Arjun I got a gift for you'

Yes ! Shit ! I just left my coat in room! How can I be so stupid??? I immediately ran from there trying to reach back to hotel . But when I was near entrance I could see lights flickering and winds blowing at high speed . Damn! It's chilly! . I hired a cab who was hesitant to drive but somehow agreed to it .

When we were on the way , I could see lights going off and police asking us to stop cars or drive very carefully as visibility is minimum due to heavy snowfall .

" Sir, I can't go any further. I am not able to see anything" my driver said . I thanked and payed him getting down from there. I could see that  we almost reached my hotel. I quickly checked into same room and searched for my coat.

Finally I found it on couch and at once took out her gift . It's a letter! Wow! I immediately opened it to find her beautiful writing.

Weren't doctors supposed to be having worst hand writing?

Dear Arjun ,

I don't know how to tell you but I want you to know what I feel about you. I have fallen in love with you the first time when I met . I know it sounds cheesy but I fell in love and no one knows hence none tried to pull me back and I am glad for it . I may not be expressive about my feelings but I always try to show you in one way or other which I fail miserably. You left me alone for some years . I thought about you and cursed myself coz it's my fault that I couldn't express my feelings. I knew you would never kiss someone else purposefully. You thought I was angry and rejected you but no Arjun i was jealous and yes bit angry too .

I know it's dumb to think that you didn't see my jealousy. From the time I met you till now , I swear I was so jealous with women around you I literally planned killing each of them in different ways . You might be thinking why couldn't I speak with you directly about all this? Well let's just say I can't frame any sentences when I look at you. It's like my brain is switched off and I feel butterflies in my stomach.

I just wanted to ask you one thing Arjun although you won't deny but I always wanted to ask you

Will you let me be your home forever?

I don't know why I am so afraid to say this , maybe I think I may not match the amount of love you give or afraid that you will leave me sensing I may not be as good as you but I want you to know Arjun

That I love you
I have always loved you and always will.

You are my life . You have always been my heart beat and I can't live without you. It sounds really cheesy but I don't know how well to express that I love you in any other way .

And please look into your cupboard ' locker .

Love
Meera .

I immediately opened my cupboard and looked into my locker . There's a note and small box . I opened it to see that it's a watch of the company I like the most. 

' My wedding gift for you Arjun. I am poor at gifting or buying things . This watch works as long as your heart beats . And I hope it's forever :)'

I took out and wore it . It started working sensing my heartbeat .

I was on cloud nine ! She finally confessed in her sober state ! Although it's through letter, I am going make her say those words as soon as I reach there. Shit! I just missed my flight! I took out my phone and saw it's dead . I went on searching for my charger but remembered that I left it in airport.

I went down to reception requesting them If they can arrange any possibility to contact my family. But they said sorry saying that most of the city is out of power and even they are saving it inorder to run the hotel . They asked me get inside my room as severe storm may hit us in about two hours.

I waited for two days , surviving with whatever food they give us. I got every fucking facility except any communication with my family or my Meera ! On third day I couldn't sit quiet , I just walked out on road directly to my office ! It was hell ! But I had to do it at any cost .

As soon as I reached there officials helped me to contact my family and I came back after storm was mild. I did not hear my meera's voice no one talked about her. Not even Sid . I never knew she is in this condition just because of me!

If it's wasn't my  Meera I wouldn't be sitting here looking at her beautiful face. If wasn't her gift for which I ran back  , I would be in that plane missing or probably dead somewhere . A shiver ran through my body thinking of all possibilities which could have happened but I am happy now . She saved my life . It's true as long as her heart beats I am alive .

" Arjun?" She called out faintly and I immediately rushed towards her .

" Meera ! Open your eyes I am here " I said hugging her and kissing all over her face .

" Don't come near me " she said with anger .

What happened now?!

------------------------------
Please vote comment and share my story!

Finally Arjun's pov! I really enjoyed writing his pov this time . He read her confession! What do you think about this chapter? Liked it ? Or nay? Please do vote . Please I beg you!

Thank you to all the readers out there and people who voted my book!

It ranked #40 in humour !

Until next time :)