Chapter 53

Bryce's POV:

A week has past. I only have nine days with my beautiful fiancée. We've spent most of our time painting the walls and moving in. We wrote what we needed for our house. Once we are officially moved in then we will show and tour people in our house. I went to my Mom's to visit. I knocked on the door, "Mom?" It was already opened. I walk in pulling out my knife watching where I was going. I go upstairs to find my Mom. With blood all over her. I run over to her, "MOM!" I shook her. She was ODing. I turned her to the side calling 9-1-1 they got here within five minutes. I was driving when I decided to call Harmony.

"Hello?"
"Babe..." My voice cracked.
"What's wrong?"
"Meet me at the hospital."
"What's going on?"
"My Mom.."
"I'll be there as soon as I can."

She hung up. When I got to the hospital they rushed her into surgery. I was stuck in the waiting room thinking. Shaking, tramatized to find her upstairs in the house ODing.

"Bryce?" I stood up hearing her. "Bryce!" She exclaimed running to me embracing me. I held Harmony like that. We both sat on the bench hugging each other.

"What happened?" Harmony asked as I lied my head on her lap. She plays with my hair like she always did to sooth me.

"I knocked on the door... I said loudly 'Mom?' the door was opened. I found her upstairs on the floor. She looked like she was ODing. My Mom would never kill herself. So I called 9-1-1 they came as quick as they could."

"Bryce Hall?" We hear one of the police officers say. I stood up then talked to them answering there questions. When I was finished I went back to Harmony hugging her. I started crying. Why did it have to be my Mother?

Why her?

~
~

Harmony's POV:

We all decided to get something to eat that Olivia was craving. We ate but it seemed different from when we usually did.

"I'm gonna go." Was all I heard Bryce say before he started walking to the car. I got up running after him.

"Bryce, I'm not gonna let you." I stole his keys away from him then blocked it. I think it made him angry but I don't care.

"Leave. Me. Alone."

"Bryce I'm not gonna let you go. Your angry, your scared, worried, even tramatized but not willing to it."

"You have more fear on you then you think, Bryce." He grabbed a rock and then threw it hard somewhere. He sat on the ground.

"Bryce?" I paused then sat by him. "Let's go back to the hospital." He nodded. I helped in up then gave him a soft kiss. He kissed back passionately then slowly pulled away.
We both got in the car driving back. He wouldn't look or even glace at me. Just at his knuckles or the window. I rested my hand on his thigh when we got to the hospital.

"Your Mom is gonna be okay." He nodded then got out. I turned off the ignition having Bryce open the door for me. We got out then went in. We sat in the waiting room with our fingers laced together. He lightly squeezed my hand. I squeezed his hand also.

"Marlene Jose?" I hear a doctor say. Bryce stands up so do I.

"She's awake but she's not gonna make it. You can see her."

"Thanks Dr. Joan's." Was all I could respond to. Bryce and I walked towards​ her room. When we opened the door she smiled at Bryce. They hugged and he kissed her cheek.

"I'm sorry, Bryce."

"Mom." She sighed then caressed Bryce's cheek then he held her hand.

"Bryce have cancer. It spread from my Pelvis to all over. It got to my lungs really bad. I'm sorry I never told you."

"Mom, I have something to tell you." Bryce was crying making me cry.

"What is it dear?" He smiled.

"I'm getting married." She smiled as Bryce had tears falling quick out of his eyes. Bryce motioned me to come near Marlene.

"Harmony and I are getting married." She looked at the ring and smiled at Bryce.

"Always keep her. You never know when they'll be gone. Give all the love you think she deserves. She's gone through so much remember that." She took in her last breath then slowly let out. The machines went blank.

"Time of death 8:23." A nurse said then unplugged her. Bryce started crying. We both left the hospital crying. We went to his Mom's home. We walked in then looked around.

"Where do you wanna sleep tonight?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders then went upstairs. I ran after him taking two steps at a time. Bryce was in her room. Holding a teddy bear he got her for his Seventeenth​ birthday. I sat there with him cuddling him. He kissed my forehead then started crying. I held her frightened I might lose him.

I ended up drifting to sleep feeling him relaxed and okay. At the moment anyways.