ten

"You're kidding, right?"

“No... Not really.” I laugh. Everyone stares at me confused. I give them a weird look. “What?..”

“You know the source of this war. Do you know how that'll contribute to our cause?” Bryce says. I shake my head slowly. Bryce sighs and Ellie chuckles.

“It means that you can help us save the world, Styles.” She says. “Be proud of the information you hold. We may need it in the future,” She looks outside the window. “Or now.” I glance out the window, as everyone else did, and saw clouds of smoke and fire everywhere.

“So, tell me, Harry,” Harper starts. “Who is the leader of the Empire of Hell?”

“What do you mean?” I ask, clearly taken aback when he tells me that my best mate is ruling Hell.

"I mean, you told us you knew the leader-"

"Of the empire." I say. "Not hell." I glare at Harper and he puts his hands up in mock surrender.

"Yes, as I was saying," Harper says again. "We need to ask you about everything you know about the leader."

I nod. It could be do-or-die if I deny telling them anything that'll hurt my best friend. I grimace at the thought of them killing him.

"Okay, fine. I'll tell you about him." I finally give in. Drew grins and Ellie smirks.

"Where should I start?" I ask. Bryce shrugs. "Maybe start by telling us their name?"

"His name is Pierce Carlisle. That's his cover up name, but we never called him by that. His real identity is Ed-"

"Ed Sheeran?!" Stephanie exclaims. I shake my head and she sighs of relief.

"Ed Gallagher. I met him after his sister and I dated, a long, long time ago. His sister is now a servant of his, but he treats her as if she was royalty. My sister, Gemma, works for him, also. She didn't want to be caught up in the military area of the place, so now she's a scholar and teaches the students at the palace school." I explain.

"It sounds like you know a lot of ways to get into the kingdom. Which way do you suggest we go first?" Drew asks.  

"Maybe the school. I'll ask my sister if we can gain entrance to the kingdom. Okay?' I suggest. They all nod and the vehicle haults.

"Looks like we're here, guys." Jackie announces. "Bryce, Drew, you get out first and help everyone else out. Ellie," Ellie looks at her. "You will have to stay with Harry and protect him from any danger.  He  is our guide to saving the world." Listening to those words made me grin. Ellie smirks and stands next to me. Drew gives me a scowl and Bryce shakes his head.

“Let's get a move on, shall we?” Harper calls. We proceed to exit the vehicle and start our journey.

...

“I don't know about this, Harry,” Eleanor said. “It looks dangerous.”

“Oh come on! Don't be a scaredy cat, Els! It's just a roller coaster!” I reassured her. She scrunched her nose and I laughed. I dragged her to the humongous ride at the amusement park that my sister had taken me to years before. She said it would 'make us into big kids' if we rode it. The line was short, of course. Not a lot of people would never dare to think of riding it. Eleanor had a nervous expression on her face, and I was starting to get anxious. There was beads of sweat I could feel on the back of my neck. We were only two eleven year olds just starting to experience what it's like in the real world.

When we reached the front of the line, I was reconsidering my choices. Eleanor was attempting to back down, but I wouldn't let her. The ticket man collected our tickets and eyed us for a second. He led us to a height measurement platform and tested our heights. Due to our growth spurts, we were above the line. Eleanor whined and I sighed. She could tell I didn't want to do this, either. He led us to the coaster seats and I let El go in first. She glared at me playfully and I smirked in return, even though on the inside I was yelling at myself to stop getting on this contraption. The latch came over our heads and landed on our laps with a click.

“Harry, I'm scared.” Eleanor said softly, almost like a whimper. I felt bad for her, since this was my doing for her going on this ride. I grabbed her hand lightly.

“I am also. Just remember, if you're scared on this, just squeeze my hand Els, okay?” I reassured her, again. She nodded and sucked in a breath. My heart was racing of anticipation and fear. The side of the coaster we were in had a green background color and a purple and yellow lightning bolt to accesorize it or to make it stand out. The stop sign indicating our departure to the twists and turns and loops flashed red. I felt Eleanor squeeze my hand.

Then it turned yellow. I felt myself shaking.

Then red. My stomach churned. All I remember is screams, laughter, and hitting my head on metal and blacking out.

hhheeeyy okay so sorry for putting this on hold. i totally lost inspiration :c but anyways, here you go.! [if you read my stories, they will always have flashbacks in them, js]