Chapter Fifteen

I feel the sunlight from outside casting a comfortable warmth onto my face as I yawn and stretch my arms. I finally open my eyes and it takes me a second to adjust to my surroundings. Zayn is sound asleep next to me on the couch with his arm wrapped around me. The TV is still on but muted and the snacks from last night are scattered all over the table. I reach for the remote to check the time on the TV, just passed 10am. I lightly try to move Zayn's arm without waking him so I can sit up but I fail miserably.

"Good morning." He says sleepily, eyes still closed.

"Good morning to you too."

"Trying to make an escape are we?" He smiles with a yawn, finally opening his eyes.

"Would I ever?" I say with a fake gasp. "I was just going to make a coffee, want one?" I ask.

"No, I'm okay thanks." He says.

He removes his arm from me and I feel a little sad at the loss of contact but I stand up and stretch regardless. I start to pick up the mess we made last night but Zayn stands up behind me, putting a hand on my lower back.

"You sit down, I'll get it." He says.

"You should be resting."

"I'm okay, I feel better now."

"We'll compromise." I say, picking up an empty packet of cookies. "We'll both do it."

"Deal."

We spend the next five minutes clearing the empty packets and glasses and carrying them into the kitchen.

"Teamwork." Zayn says with a grin, giving me a high five as we walk back into the living room.

We both sit back down on the couch and stretch our legs out onto the coffee table.

"What do we do on this fine Sunday morning?" Zayn asks.

"Breakfast?" I suggest.

"Breakfast it is." He nods.

"Go out or stay in?" I ask.

"I kinda feel like going out." He says.

"Me too."

"Although I feel kinda bleugh having slept in these clothes and then going out in them without a shower or anything."

"So take a shower?" I say.

"But then I'll have to put these clothes back on."

"Okay, so why don't you go home and get showered and changed and then I'll meet you?"

"Your car is at the pub." He reminds me.

"Shit, I forgot about that." I sigh.

"New plan." Zayn says. "How about we go to mine and you can wait on me getting ready, then we'll go pick up your car?"

"Okay, you'll need to wait on me getting ready first." I tell him.

"I can do that." He says.

"Won't be long then." I smile, before sauntering down the hall and grabbing a few towels from the cupboard.

I walk into the bathroom and turn the shower on, watching as the steam fills the room.

The minute the hot water hits my skin I feel like I just want to stay here forever. Or until the water goes cold. But then I remember Zayn's waiting for me so I shampoo and condition my hair and quickly have a wash. I manage to shave my legs in record time with no cuts, where's my medal?

I turn the shower off and step out, wrapping a towel around my body and one around my hair. I quickly brush my teeth then walk out of the bathroom into my bedroom. I have no time to laze about in my towel which I'm obviously distraught about so I dry myself off and slap on some of that pomegranate moisturiser that I would actually rather eat than put on me.