Chapter Twenty-Four

As we arrive at Zayn's, I gulp down the nerves that are trying to climb up my throat and out of my mouth. I look at the mansion in front of me and it's the polar opposite of the one from my nightmares.

The sky is a piercing shade of blue and the sun casts a brightness all around us - particularly on the mansion. The fact I'll be with Zayn makes me feel more at ease. He wouldn't let anything happen to me, right?

The massive steel gates open up for us and we drive up the stone driveway. Zayn gets out of the car first and retrieves my bag from the boot.

"Ready?" He asks, taking my hand and heading for the front doors.

"Mhm." I nod.

He unlocks the door and pushes them open with a deafening screech. I cringe as I recall the last time I was here - recalling the doors screeching loudly through the silent rooms.

He closes the door behind us and starts to walk up the hall to his bedroom.

"I'll just put your stuff in here then we'll go get a drink, yeah?"

"Sounds good." I tell him.

There's a slight tension in my bones as we enter his bedroom, a shiver runs up my spine as I remember finding him in here doubled over in pain on the floor.

I take my clothes out of the bag and Zayn gives me some hangers to hang them up so they don't get wrinkled.

"You okay?" Zayn asks, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. He places a soft kiss on my shoulder as I finish putting my clothes in the wardrobe.

"I'm good." I say, turning round and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"What to do first?" He asks.

"Well, it was my understanding that we would be going to get a drink." I say with raised eyebrows.

"Drinks it is then." He smiles and leads me out of the bedroom and back up the long hall.

"Wow." I say as we enter the massive kitchen.

It's airy and spacious and the worktops are all sleek black marble with a slight silver glint in it, as are the floors. There's a huge double-doored fridge placed next to a silver dishwasher. There's a shiny black cupboard next to the dishwasher and I find myself wondering what's in there, as the rest of the cupboards are white.

"Drinks cabinet." Zayn tells me, seemingly reading my thoughts.

He walks over to the cabinet and opens it up revealing a shit load of alcohol. Vodka, Whiskey, Rum, you name it - it's there.

"Looks like we're in for a good night." I smile.

"What's your poison?" He asks me.

"Let's make venoms."

"What the fuck is a venom?" He looks at me with legit fear in his eyes.

"It's a cocktail."

"Sounds...venomous." He says, giving me an adorable smile.

I try to glare at him for that poor attempt at a joke but his smile just melts it away.

"Pitcher and glasses are in there." He says, pointing to a cupboard near the fridge. "So what do we need for a venom?"

I retrieve the pitcher and glasses from the cupboard and then drop some ice cubes into the glasses.

"Vodka, Southern Comfort, Blue WKD and orange juice." I tell him.