Fix one problem, two show up

I watch carefully as my dad remains his calm and collected expression but behind his narrow, glass looked eyes there was anger. It wasn't like this was not normal, my father alway does this. It couldn't be help.

"Who?" He ask in a calm but quick tone.

"Someone on the team," I state. I didn't want to say his name just yet, I couldn't.

"Ashley, your seventeen and your always going to be my little girl that's why I will not allow this."

"Dad! Really. You can't be serious?" I question standing up from my bed.

"All the guys on the team are great, but handing you to one of them," he mentions shaking his head.

What's with him? I know he's protective and all that. But going this far. I have had secret boyfriends in the past but I've never stayed with them long enough to get anywhere.

"Dad! I'm not getting married," I gesture with my hands all over the place in frustration.

My dad sighs as he nods, "I know, what I really mean is, after this competition is over we're moving to Sydney."

I froze. Sydney? I almost forgot that I'm the daughter of a coach. I couldn't argue with him, he goes where he's needed. How am I going to tell everyone? When should I? I haven't even got this sudden kiss situation sorted yet.

When I went back to reality I didn't realise that my father left my room. Half of me felt relieved and the other half wanted to argue. With only 2 days to go until the championship I have less than 48 hours to fix everything and to say goodbye.

--------

I head to the oval after school like normal to see some of the team playing around, some others were sitting around laughing near the benches. And Isaac was leaning against the back fence with Trixie. For a second our eyes latched onto each other's and I couldn't stop my heart from thumping. When he looked away my heart shrivelled up and shattered.

I glanced over at Rowan who was under a tree in the shade looking at Nick (of course) that was playing soccer. I quickly jog over to Rowan. It's like he sensed me coming as he looks my way. He didn't say anything as I stand beside him.

"You know the situation we're in right?" I ask I looking up onto the field.

"I'm sorry. I was desperate." What he said didn't make me angry. "I look at him every second I can and I don't even get a glance back."

"My suggestion yesterday about making him jealous wasn't meant to be used on me even thou I agreed I shouldn't have. But since we're both in this situation it would be best to undo it, don't ya think?" I ask as step in front of his view even though I was only up to his shoulders.

He sighs as he looks down at me as he nods. "Yeah."

A bit of weight has been lifted off my shoulder but now for an announcement but where. We can't do it here my father is walking over. I was about to respond to Rowan but he disappeared. What the hell?

"Hey everyone listen up!" Rowan shouts as I look over at him. What the hell?! He's going to announce it here! What's going around in that brain of his?

I watch as my father watches in curiosity, I knew this is bad. If my father finds out that Rowan and I were fake dating, I don't know what will happen.

Before long, I run over to my father as quickly as I can as Rowan awaits for everyone to walk over to him. I got my iPhone and my ear phones ready as I approached him.

"Everyone I here to announce that yesterday..." I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying as he watch as my father step begun to slow down. No no no no! Don't stop, keep walking, don't listen.

"Dad! Listen!" I shout. I push my ear phones into my dads ears which sounds disgusting but what would you do? I try to turn to volume up as loud as it could go and hope he doesn't get annoyed. I watch as his eyes open wide in surprise.

"So Ashley and I are not actually dating. She was helping me out because I like someone."

I feel like face palming myself, it sounds like I'm a substitute for the one he likes. Wait. Isn't that what I was?

"So that kiss?" Trixie questions intriguingly.

"Meant nothing to both of us, it was a mistake and I'll take it all back if I could," he respond in quite a rude way which makes me feel small. Was that kiss that bad? Even though I wish the same thing, making everyone un-see that kiss is literally impossible.

Rowan turns to me, "I'm sorry Ashley, I like someone else."

"Me too." I accidentally slip out which everyone stares around the group. Oh gee, really, another problem to solve.

My father grabs my hands as he pulls the ear plugs away. "Why did you make me listen to that type of music for?" He questions walking away. I glance down at the screen to see one of my old playlist that's Bridget (old soccer friend) put on.

Bump N' Grind.

I look out into the distance with a shocked face as the song goes on loudly echo through my speakers.

God, just kill me now.

---------------------
Hey guys 👋
I caught a bug but I feel a lot better now thou
So the next ch should be out soon I'm hoping.

Team Ashley ❤️ Isaac /Team Rowan ❤️Nick!!
Let me know in the comments 💤💤✌🏻😘