Chapter 5

Gabby POV
I'm stressing a lot now. I still can't believe it, my best friend doesn't remember me. Three days past and still nothing. I didn't sleep a lot the past few days. I'm at Matt's house now because we're not on shift. He's worried about me and the baby because I'm stressing so much. I'm feeling really dizzy but it's probably nothing. I'm cooking some dinner for me and Matt but my stomach hurts a lot. And suddenly I fell to the ground and everything went black.

Matt POV
Gabby was cooking some dinner and I was watching tv. When I looked at Gabby I saw she wasn't feeling that well. When I was about to ask her if she's alright she fell to the ground. I ran to her and called her name but she didn't do anything, she wasn't moving. So I called for an ambulance and they brought her to the hospital. I called the chief and explained to him what happened. I was waiting in the hospital. Is everything going to be ok with Gabby? Is the baby ok? I wish I knew. I saw chief walking up to me. 'Casey what happened?' 'I don't know, she was cooking some dinner when she suddenly just fell to the ground.' 'Did you see the doctor already?' 'No, I don't know anything and it's freaking me out.' And then we saw the doctor who's taking care of Gabby. 'Anyone here for Gabriela Dawson?' I walked to the doctor. 'Well, Gabriela is going to be ok. And I'm sorry but the baby didn't make it.'
I was shocked. Our child didn't make it. I don't know what to do. We didn't even knew the gender. 'Where's Gabby?' I asked to the doctor. 'She's in room 145.' I walked to her room and saw her crying in the bed. 'Matt, the baby didn't make it.' 'I know baby, I'm sorry.' 'It's all my fault, I'm so sorry Matt.' She cried even harder. 'It's okay, it's not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong.' I went to her bed and came laying next to her and I wrapped my arms around her.

Gabby POV
Why is this all happening to me? My best friend had a car accident and she doesn't remember me and now I lost my child... Matt's child... I'm glad Matt still supports me. I love him so much. And that's why I think I'm gonna ask him if he wants to move in with me. I know we're not dating that long but I just feel safe with him and I know him for a long time. I basically already live with him because I'm in his appartment a lot. But I just wanna make it official. We were laying in the hospital bed for like hours. Everyone of firehouse 51 came to visit me. And the doctor said if nothing happens, I can go home tomorrow.

*the nex morning*
I finally can go home. Well actually back to Matt's place. We walked in his appartment and I saw balloons everywhere and there was a sign that said: "Welcome back". 'Matt, what is all of this. I was just gone for 1 day.' 'I know, but I just wanted to surprise you.' 'Thanks baby, that's very sweet.' I gave him a kiss on his lips. 'And I actually wanted to ask you something.' 'Tell me.' 'I was thinking, we basically live with each other now because I'm in your appartment all the time. But I just want to make it official. So I'm asking you if I can move in with you.' 'I would love to do that.' He kissed me. 'But let's wait a little bit because now is not the perfect time.' He said to me. 'Yeah, I know.' And then I heard my phone ringing, Kelly was calling me. 'Gabby, I have some great news for you. Shay wants to see you. She says she remembers you again.' 'Okay, I'm coming now. I'm gonna be there in like 10 minutes.'