6

JAY POV

I fall asleep a little bit after Mal does and I can tell my dream girl is tired. Sometime in the middle of the night, I jerk awake because I hear Mal crying. "Mal, baby, what's wrong?" I ask. "mother." Is all she says. She cries a little harder, and I put my arms under her back, and pull her up to me so she's laying facedown on my chest. I put my hand gently on her neck, and pull her head down to my shoulder. I lay one hand on her back, and I stroke her matted hair with the other one. 

"Tell me baby. Tell me everything that happened in your nightmare." I say softly. Some of her crying subdues. As long as I can remember I've always called Mal baby when she's sad, hurt, or scared. She says,"My mom came back, and she killed everyone I loved, and she started with you." Her crying continues. I don't say anything as I rub her back and stroke her hair. 

She evenutally falls asleep, and I just think of how much I love this girl. We're only 17 and we're married, and are the Rulers of the Isle of the Lost. She murmers something in her sleep, but I keep stroking her hair and rubbing her back. Sometime during the night I see Harry come into the room Mal and I are in, and he mutters something and shuts the curtain. He leaves again, and I hear him stomp all the way back. I'm almost asleep again when I feel Mal shaking. 

"It's okay Baby. I'm here." I say. She has super bionic hearing a lot, so I know she'll hear me. I fall asleep completely, and for the rest of the night it's quiet. I wake up and the first thing I see is Harry standing above me. Mal isn't awake yet, but when I accidently move, she blinks her eyes open, and she moves back to her side of the bed. She comes back over after turning on the lamp, and I wrap an arm around her when she sits right next to me. 

I kiss her temple, and she takes my hand. "Get a room lovebirds!" Harry yells covering his eyes. Mal and I look at each other and roll our eyes. "What is it Harry?" I ask. "It's that stupid King and Evie." "What about them?" I ask. "They were in that house outside the window. I heard something coming from your room last night, and I came in in case something was going wrong. What I saw instead was that stupid King and his blue haired princess looking in on you two, and they were crying. Uh. So I shut the curtains to spare your sanity. I just found out they're still there." Harry says.

Mal's mouth drops open, and I see that the curtains are open again, and I gently close Mal's mouth. Evie and Ben are there staring back at us and Harry. Harry starts stomping over there, but I lay a hand on his arm, "Don't. I'll handle this." I say. I stand up, and I point at the edge of the bed. "Sit. I can't have you kill this plan." He sits, and Mal looks at me questionly. I mouth to her that I'll tell her after. I open the window, and I see Ben doing the same thing since his window is right across from mine. "Ben, what do you want?" I say. 

"I want Mal back." "Sorry. She isn't for giving. She's mine, and she always will be." "Jay! I loved her first!" He whines. "Oh No you didn't. Harry loved her first. Then you. Then me. And I'm the last one that she loves back. She's told me so, and it's the truth. Ben, you and Evie made us come back to the Isle. You made us. You left us here, and abandoned us. Mal and I don't love you two anymore. You didn't keep contact, even when Carlos told you so many times. So leave her alone Ben!" I say and slam the window shut.

I turn around and Mal's standing up now. She looks sick again, but she comes over to me anyways. "Thank you." she says and she wraps her arms around me. I do the same to her in return, and she starts caressing my cheek to calm me down. She stops a few minutes after I calm down. "We should get back to Evil Queen's." Harry says. "Right." I say. Mal grabs her jacket, and puts it on. Harry hands her a pair of purple leggings, and she puts them on over her shorts. 

We walk out, and at the last second I grab Mal's hairbrush. I have a feeling she might likt to do something constructive instead of watch tv all day. I put it in my pocket, and I follow Mal and Harry outside. I lock my house on the way out, and I also slip the key into my pocket. I run to catch up and I stop beside Mal. As we walk back to Evil Queen's I wrap my arm around Mal's waist. She leans against me, and I kiss the top of her head. I don't know what I'd do without her in my life.