13

(The picture on top is so cute so I just had to put it in my story somehow!!!)

JAY POV

"Well," I say. "We went down to Lover's Bay." Mal whispers quietly. Uma glares at us as well as Harry but Gil just grins and claps. "We know about the secret room and the caged prisoners." Uma and Harry say at once. I look over at Mal and she's just as shocked as I am. "What are you talking about?" I ask. "We read Mal's diary!" Uma screams but then slaps her hand over her mouth. "YOU WHAT?" Mal exclaims. "Yeah. We read your diary and we found out about everything which is why we stole your necklace!" Gil says reluctantly because of the truth serum he still has. 

Uma and Harry glare at him. "Guys, this is against the law! You shouldn't even be in our room unless you have special permisson!" Mal screeches. "Mal calm down. We'll find some way to solve this." I say laying a hand on Mal's shoulder. She sighs, and then she looks up at me motioning for us to go into our room. We do as she asks silently, and I shut the door. "Jay, come here." She says and she opens her locket. "What is it?" I ask coming over to her. 

"Jay, it's heating up." "Someone's by the room." I say. "Or it means the Prisoners are escaping." Mal says. I grab her hand and sqeeze it. the Prisoners are the worst people in the land. Even worse than how the villans used to be. Mal closes her locket and opens it up again. "What should we do?" "Well first we need to get Hook,Gil, and Uma out of here and then check the room." I say. Mal nods, and she opens the door. 

I then see her punch something without hesitation. I step up next to her and I see it was Harry! Harry groans and sits up. "That's what you get for eavesdropping!" Mal hisses and stalks down the stairs. "She's got some sass." Harry says groaning again. I nod and I follow Mal downstairs. Uma and Gil have relocated downstairs and Uma is screaming while Mal's forhead is pressed against the door. Suddenly Mal whirls around. "UMA JUST SHUT UP!! YOU DON'T HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT OUR SITUATIONS ARE LIKE SO JUST SHUT UP!" She gives Uma a killer glare and I slowly walk over to her and wrap my arms around her to calm her down. 

She slowly stops breathing so hard. Harry and Gil are both trying to stop Uma from attacking Mal. "We need to get out." Mal whispers so only I can hear it. I nod. Mal puts her shoes back on, and I turn towards Harry, Gil, and Uma. "Hey Harry, can I have the house key I gave you?" I ask. he nods and tosses it to me. I thank him and then I say, "If it isn't too much to ask, could you please leave for now? There's some very important buisness that we need to take care of that involves matters that do not need to be discussed in this house." I say. 

The three of them stare at me blankly. "Jay, in English please." Gil says. "That means please get out of my house before we all get killed!" Mal exclaims. "Well at least you said please." Harry mutters before they all leave. Mal and I step outside as well and I lock the door after us. We lost sight of Harry,Gil, and Uma and so we head towards the Government building. Mal gently touches her locket and she jerks her hand away quickly. 

"Jay, we have to hurry!" Mal says with alarm and we start jogging. Then sprinting until the only thing visibal to me is Mal. We stop at the entrance to the Government building, well actually painting and Mal's eyes dart around looking for people. 

When the coast is clear she hits the painting's gold framed sides in a pattern. Two times, then four times, then one time, then three times, then five times, and then finally 10 times. The painting opens and we hurry inside. The painting shuts after a couple of seconds and Mal and I run again to get into the main office. The Government Building is a intricate design which is meant to fool people. So that means fake passages, fake rooms, fake windows, fake doors, and of course, real trap doors! 

Mal and I know the way and we run through all the right doors and windows until we finally arrive in the office. Mal almost collapses but she leans against me to stay upward. I wrap my arm around her waist so she wouldn't fall over. "Ahh. King Jay and Queen Mal what a lovely surprise!" The deskwoman singsongs. "What can I do for you two today?" She asks with a huge smile. 

"Well actually, is Aza here?" I ask. Aza is the man in charge of the whole operation and he's the smartest man in the planet! He's the one that knows all about the necklace as well as his sister Lola. Together they make up the Government leaders, and the people that will react the best to bad news. "I'll see if he's in. Why don't you have a seat?" The woman says smiling even bigger. I sit down and Mal sits next to me. She leans her head on my shoulder and it's almost like the world isn't in danger at all. It isn't like the Prisoners are close to escaping out of their cave jail. And it certainly isn't like Uma, Harry, and Gil are acting strange anymore. 

It's almost an hour later when Aza and Lola walk into the room. Lola runs over to see if Mal's okay while Aza just strolls over casually like it's just another normal day. Which for him, it probably is. "What's the haps man?" Aza asks. I explain how Mal's locket is heating up, and it's not someone threatening the room. "Hmm." Aza says. His eyebrows scrunch up and he looks over at Mal to inspect her locket. 

"It seems you are correct Jay. Mal's locket is almost turning to an orange color, which is not normal for this locket we put magic on. If someone was threatening the room the locket would have stayed the same color and heated up quickly, but not instantly like when the Prisoners would be moving or threatening to break out. The way this locket is acting, it seems as if the Prisoners have already escaped."