Hands

Tobias's POV
     "I'm Nita," she says, offering her hand to Tris. I glare at Amar as my mom walks to his side with a nervous expression. Tris hesitantly offers her hand, taking a deep breath. I take her hand right after and pull her a little closer to my side. Nita raises her brows. "Are you two together?"
    "Yeah," I say. Tris's eyes travel along the floor, her brows furrowing. "You guys can go start eating. I'm gonna go show Tris around," I say. They do as suggested and I lead Tris out to the backyard. "I'm so sorry."
    "Its okay. She's very pretty," she says, her hands shaking. I try thinking of something that'll calm her nerves. "If you don't mind me asking, why'd you guys break up, and why did your mom invite her?" 
    I scratch the back of neck. "We were together our senior year of high school, which was thee years ago, so I have no idea why my mom would invite her. And it was because I realized she was a whore, and that she didn't support my path of joining the military."
    She nods, looking down. I tilt her head up and stare into her eyes. "We can still leave. The gate is right there. We can make a run for it and get take out." She laughs a little.
   "I think your mom would appreciate if we stayed." Internally, I groan, not wanting to stay here. She takes my hand and again and we walk into the house. I lead her to the kitchen and sit down at the table.
     "Have you talked to your father?" My mom asks. Great mom.
    "Yes." This topic needs to end.
     "I always liked him. He was very nice," Nita says. Tris side eyes me for a second. My mom continues asking me questions.
    "When do you leave?" This can only worse.
     "In a week," I answer. I let go of Tris's hand for a second to look at my phone. Her hand rests on my thigh, very close to there. I close my eyes die a second, keeping my thoughts out of the gutter.
    "So Tris, how old are you?" Amar asks. Thank god he's talking now. Actually, that might not be much better.
    "Eighteen," she answers. She moves her hand a little. My thoughts are going in all the wrong directions.
      "That's young," my mom says. "Do you go to college?"
    "Yeah." I've never noticed how soft her voice can be...IF THIS GIRL MOVES HER HAND ONE MORE TIME...
     "You know what, Zeke just texted that he needs me immediately. It has to do with Shauna and the baby," I say, standing up. I help Tris up and hug my mom goodbye.
    Once we're in my truck, I can breath again...but something isn't going away. I start the truck. "Are you okay? You seemed panicked."
    "Totally."
      ×××××××
       "Are you sure your ok-" I don't let her finish before I press her to the door and press my lips to hers. The sound of her bag falling to the floor makes me grin. Her hands slip into my hair, breathing heavily.
    I pick her up and carry into my room and lay her in the bed, getting above her. Her lips taste like the raspberry ChapStick she keeps in her bag. Tilting her head back, I kiss her jaw and neck, making her give a quiet moan. "Tobias," she says.
     I sit up a little to look at her. "Do you want to stop?" I ask.
    "Surprisingly, no," she answers.  "It's just, your elbow was on my hair." My face heats up. She wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me back down. Her hips raise against mine, moaning me moan.
    She draws out my bottom lip with her teeth. Our eyes lock for a second. "I wouldn't do that again if I were you," I say, my lips skimming hers.
    "And why's that?"
    "My self control will be lost." She smirks a little.
    "Why don't you lose it?"

AN: Ahhh! I'm sorry for the delay! I will try and update again tomorrow to make up to it. Little hint...the next chapter MIGHT be mature in the beginning 😉. Please comment and share! Be brave 🔪🔪🔪       -Vaeh