23

Chapter 23

“Peeta!” I scream, running over to his lifeless body. “Peeta!” Sam, a little harshly, pushes me aside and starts doing CRP. I watch as Josh struggles to hold his breath. It was actually a little funny, but I held in my laugh. He took a deep breath and opens his eyes again. I sigh and run over and kiss him, accidently leaving a string of spit in between both our mouths. “Peeta,” I cry into his shoulder, “Careful, theirs a force field over there.” “Ya, you were dead. Your heart stopped,” “But it’s working now.” I let out a muffled laugh and nod. “Do you want to stand?” he nods and grabs my hand. When he’s on his feet again I hold him in my arms. “Cut!” Jason calls and gives us a thumbs up. Josh and Sam burst into laughter. “Ok, ok, it was a little slobbery.” “A little?” I push Sam and wipe all the tears off my face. “I hate you all.” Josh pouts, “Even me?” “Especially you.” I smirk and run to my trailer. I pull off the wetsuit and put on some shorts and a tank-top, of course sticking my ring back on my finger. I take a few minutes to admire it. It was a silver band that had the words ‘forever and always’ engraved inside and there was a big diamond on the top. The diamond was the main reason I couldn’t wear it during shooting. Another reason was because nobody knew about the engagement. The thoughts were interrupted by a rapid knocking. “Come on Jen!” Jena yells from the other side of the room. I go out smiling and Jena looks extremely confused. “You know, you’ve been really happy today. I don’t know why but I’m going to find out.” I roll my eyes and we start walking. “Are you pregnant?” “Hell no! I’m still a virgin and I think I always will. Well, maybe not until the wedding.” Oh shit, it slipped out. I put my hand over my mouth as Jena gasps. I guess it doesn’t make it better that I put my left hand on my mouth. Jena starts screaming and pulls me back to where Sam, Woody, Liam, and Josh sit. She just continues to yell as they turn to look at us. “What the hell is wrong with you?” Sam laughs at Jena. “Jena it’s not a big deal.” I try reasoning with her. “How is that not a big deal?” she yells, putting her hands on my shoulders.

“It’s just not.”

“Does anyone know?”

“Only Josh, obviously.”

“Obviously! He is the one who proposed!”

“You know you really suck at keeping secrets Jen.” Josh laughs from behind me.

“Okay, okay, yes, we’re engaged.” Jena goes completely insane. “I want details, and I want them now.”