X. Showtime

X. Showtime

It had been seven days of silence from my part. Both Nathan and Thomas kept on sending texts, and I did reply to some. As they say, make yourself scarce so that they'd keep coming back for more.

But it wasn't the sole reason why I decided to take a step back. Talking with Pamela really did put things into perspective. I realized that I'd been playing this game the wrong way. I just couldn't admit it at first that they're way better players than I was. I was playing in their turf; they control the rules.

If you can't beat the enemy, join them. And if you still can't join, play them.

"Are you playing darts?" David asked. My life had been crazy for the past few weeks, but having David in my life made me feel more normal. He's my anchor; he keeps me grounded.

"Yeah," I replied, then threw a shot straight at Blake's face. Ilang araw ko na siyang iniisip. There's just something about him that I couldn't quite pin-point at. Tahimik lang siya... but that only made him even more dangerous.

Less talk, less mistake.

A fatal flaw of Thomas Marius Aranza III.

"Is that a face?" naguguluhan na tanong ni David nung kinuha ko iyong board.

I nodded. "Yeah. This is Harvey," sabi ko habang inaalis iyong dart na naka-tusok sa gitna ng mukha ni Harvey. Pamela already sent me all the files I needed. It was... astonishing. It's really true that fruits don't fall far from trees.

"Just take care, okay, Mall?" David asked.

I nodded. Of course I'd take care. I needed to live until I finish this game they started. "By the way, David, how did you know Pamela?" I asked. I'd been itching to ask this question for so long. Hindi ko pa rin alam kung paano naging magkakilala si David at Pamela. As long was I was concerned, David's a banker in New York. And Pamela's... I still had no idea. She wouldn't tell me anything! Sinubukan ko na rin magsearch online pero wala akong makita. It's like the woman's a ghost!

"Family friend," David said like it was a rehearsed answer. Like he was already expecting that I'd ask questions. Of course! Sino ba ang hindi magtataka? With the length she's willing to go just to help me?

And we're messing with people no one should even dare try to mess with.

I arched my brow. "David?" I asked. He knew I didn't like it when people lie to me.

"Just do what you need to do, Mall. Then come home," he said before quickly dropping the call.

Sino ka ba, Pamela?

* * *

"Thought you decided to become a hermit or something," Thomas asked as he kissed me on the cheek, and ran his hand down my back. And as he was doing this, Nathan was just behind me.

"You're throwing parties every week. It's not like I'm missing out on a lot," I said, then he laughed. Mabilis kong nilibot ang mga mata ko. Agad kong nakita si Andres sa isang gilid. Si Harvey? Everything's going according to plan.

And Blake? I had no idea. That guy's fucking with my head, and he hadn't done anything yet.

Naupo ako sa couch. Thomas was talking to someone, while Nathan got us drinks. Nilibot ko iyong mata ko sa paligid. There were CCTV cameras, but there were still a few blind spots. Good thing I was kind of an expert when it comes to evading cameras. Been hiding for as long as I could remember.

"Thanks, babe," I said to Nathan when he came back with our drinks. Nakaupo lang siya sa tabi ko. His hand was resting on my lap.

"May problema ba kayo ni Thomas?" I asked, brushing my fingers against his hair.