Epilogue II

High Profile Murder Case Involving Two of the Most Powerful Political Clans in the Country Takes A Surprising Turn

Manila, PhilippinesOn November 25, 2018, Blake Christian Valderrama, son of Honorable Oscar Valderrama, was found dead inside the house of Nathaniel Pierce Ramirez.

The Timeline

November 2018

Officers were called to 122 Salcedo Village, Makati around 9 p.m. Sunday night, after a neighbor had reported hearing a heated altercation and a suspected gunshot. The officers promptly responded, but when they arrived at the scene, they found Valderrama already dead on the spot. Reports showed that Valderrama died from blunt force trauma to the head. 

December 2018

Further investigations revealed that Valderrama was having an affair with Mallary Esquivel when Ramirez caught them in the act of sexual intercourse, which ultimately led to the death of Valderrama. 

Following the arraignments, Ramirez pleaded guilty of the murder of Valderrama, but has offered the defense of death under exemplary circumstances. Ramirez claimed that he found Valderrama and Esquivel, his alleged wife, in throes of passion, which prompted him to act against the deceased. 

January 2019

The trial that caught the interest of the whole nation ensued. The majority believed that Ramirez would get acquitted because of the video that verified his claim of catching Valderrama and Esquivel in the middle of intercourse. 

But Esquivel, who was supposed to testify in favor of Ramirez, surprisingly turned against him when she testified under oath that she is already married to a certain David Gallardo, making her alleged marriage with Ramirez void ab initio.

Ramirez, who seemed to be surprised with the sudden turn of events, is still in the custody of the police pending the trial for his case of murder.