XVIII. Forwarded

XVIII. Forwarded

There was a taunting grin on his face. My jaw was clenched as I stared at the monster in front of me. Hindi ko siya maintindihan. I tried, I fucking tried, but he's like a puzzle that was out to confuse the shit out of me. I didn't know what his end game was—all I knew was that he was having the time of his life watching me unravel before him.

"You want clothes?" he asked habang tinalikuran ako. Diretso siyang naglakad. Binuksan niya iyong ref, at saka kumuha ng bote ng tubig mula roon.

I didn't answer. My heart was filled with anger and hatred for him. Ang kapal ng mukha niyang dalhin ako dito! Dito kung saan nila ginago si Molly!

And what was making me shiver in rage was knowing that there's nothing I could do to him. Kahit na harap-harapan niyang inamin sa akin na may kasalanan siya... And how he was freely making a comment about it—not caring in the world because he knew that he could get away with it.

God, I wanted to kill him!

"I can't offer you Molly's clothes. She only stayed for a night."

Pilit kong ikinuyom ang kamao ko. Muling humarap sa akin si Blake, may ngisi sa kanyang labi. He was enjoying this—he was enjoying seeing me vexed with fury.

"I'm just gonna get some clothes from my car," sabi niya habang nagsimulang humakbang papunta sa pinto. Ngunit bigla siyang tumigil. At humarap sa akin. "And if you're going to look around, this place has been wiped clean already, Mallary."

My lips quivered with unabashed anger. "You fucking devil."

The side of his lips rose. "Just don't want you to waste time looking for something that doesn't exist, Ary."

Halos mapaupo ako nang mawala siya sa paningin ko. Pilit kong kino-kontrol ang sarili ko, pero hindi ko magawa. A frenzy of rampage ran through my veins.

"Calm down," I whispered to myself. "Please," I begged. "Please calm down..."

Patuloy ako sa paghinga nang malalim. Gusto ko na lamang ipikit ang mga mata ko sa dami ng nangyari ngayong araw. I wanted to go away—I wanted to go back to US. I just wanted to get away from everyone here.

Naputol ang pagpikit ko nang may maramdaman akong tumama sa mukha ko. I opened my eyes, only to see Blake looking at me. He was watching me with curious eyes.

He thought he knew everything about me... but he didn't. No one knew everything about me.

No one will know.

No one could know.

"It's been a long day for the both of us," sabi niya. He tossed me a blanket. "Sleep."

Nanatili akong naka-tingin at pinapanood siya nang mahiga siya sa isang sofa. Mabilis niyang ipinikit ang mga mata niya, 'tila walang pakielam sa pwede kong gawin sa kanya. And it frustrated the hell out of me seeing him like this—him knowing that there's nothing I could do, so he had the fucking nerve to act like this!

"Just sleep, Mallary," he said with his eyes still closed. "Or go look for something. Suit yourself. I'm tired."

Nanginginig ang mga paa ko nang magsimula akong pumasok sa loob ng kwarto. Halos maputol ang hininga ko nang magsimula kong ilibot ang mga mata ko. Was it here? Was this the place where they did those horrible things to Molly? Ito ba iyong lugar na sinasabi ni Molly sa affidavit niya?

"I'm sorry," I kept on repeating as tears began to stream down. My entire body was shaking in unmistakable anger. "I'm sorry I wasn't here to protect you..." patuloy kong pagbulong hanggang sa mapaupo ako sa sahig.