XXIV. Face Of Betrayal

My breathing hitched upon hearing a loud bang. I felt like my world stopped. I thought I was dead... so, I opened my eyes. But what was before me made me scared for my life even more.

"N-Nathan..." I said as I stared at the lifeless body of Andres before me.

Nathan's eyes were wide in shock—as if he was just realizing the gravity of the situation that we were both in. Like I was, I felt like he wasn't breathing, too. I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was stuck in the middle of an impossible situation. A situation that the both of us couldn't get out of.

"Shit..." I uttered and cursed even more. Pakiramdam ko ay nasasakal ako. Hindi ako maka-hinga. Gusto kong umiyak. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang una kong dapat maramdaman!

"Shit," I repeated as I stared at Andres in front of me. Blood was starting to pool around his body. Gusto ko na lang umalis. Gusto kong tumakbo. Gusto kong bumalik sa pagtatago.

Nathan still wasn't moving. I didn't know what I'd do! I didn't know what to do with Thomas and Andres!

"What are you doing?" he asked when he saw me getting the phone. Noon lang siya nagsalita nang makita niyang may hawak ako.

"Calling the police," I said as I began to dial. "Doing something I should've done a long time ago!"

"Hello—" I said when the other line answered, but the call was cut short when Nathan snatched the phone from my hand. "What do you think you're doing?!" I shouted at him. Dalawang katawan ang nasa kwarto ngayon! Hindi ko na alam kung ano ang gagawin ko! I wasn't a criminal! I didn't want to dispose two bodies because I knew that if Andres didn't manage to kill me now, this... this fucking memory would haunt me until my dying breath! And I didn't want to live like that!

"Don't," he said.

"But he's dead! Someone's dead!"

But Nathan only remained calm. Muli ko na namang naramdaman ang galit sa puso ko. Was this the real him?! I didn't know what's real with him anymore! Oo, pinatanggol niya ako kay Andres, but we're about to go to the same path they all treaded before! Pagtatakpan ba namin ang nangyari ngayon?!

Because if that's what's about to happen, I was just like them.

I'd become the person I hate.

A fucking hypocrite.

"Nathan—"

"Who are you?" he asked.

I looked him in the eye. I wanted him to know who I was. I was tired of pretending. I was tired of playing. I just wanted this to end.

"You know who I am," I breathed.

"I don't know you," he replied.

My jaw clenched. He didn't know me? He couldn't see the resemblance between Molly and me? Iyong babae na isang taon niyang nakita sa korte dahil sa kaso na kinaharap nilang dalawa?!

Did Molly's life really did not matter to him? Para kalimutan niya nang ganoon na lang?

"You know... I want to think that you're innocent, Nathan. That you're a good person who's just caught in the middle of this all... But you don't care. You don't care about the person who killed herself because of you. You're fucking apathetic. And that makes you the worst of them all."

Nathan's looked at me like realization was just starting to dawn on him.

"Molly..." he breathed. I remained silent. I wanted him to bathe in the fact that I was the sister of the girl who killed herself because of him. I wanted him to know that. I wanted him to stare at me knowing that I lost someone because of him.