18.

u:
hi !!

are you back yet?

i sent those messages about half an hour ago, but scott hasn't responded yet. he read them, but hasn't responded.

scott wasn't in class today, again. but i know he's back, because he has his phone.

haley was in art class today, but she didn't say anything or ask about scott at all, which is pretty weird.

i was constantly checking my texts to see if scott was typing, while troye was making 'homework' with jacob. i should probably start on some things too. i literally haven't done anything for school yet.

i decided not to be productive and go see if scott was okay.

-

i knocked on his door and heard some stumbling, but it didn't open.

i knocked again for some reason, and this time it did open.

scott looked bad. his eyes were all red and there was no sign of happiness on his face. he cried, i'm 95% sure.

he almost closed the door on me but i stopped it with my foot.

"what's wrong?" i asked, pushing the door open.

"n- everything." scott said, looking down.

"w-"

"i didn't die, haley is completely fucking ignoring me, i hate class, the hospital sucks and now you're here." he snapped.

"y-"

"everything i said yesterday, i didn't mean it. i was fucking high on morphine and shit."

"b-"

"you know what? everything i ever said to you? didn't mean it." he said and closed the door in my face.

ehm.

what?

no.

what?

i heard something slam against the door and crying after. i have to leave, i can't listen to this.

-

when i was back in my room, i slammed the door shut and sat on my bed.

i'm so confused.

i put my face in my hands and let out a deep sigh, followed by me crying.

my phone vibrated. if that's a text from scott i swear i'm gonna throw my phone across this room.

i didn't look, purely because i didn't want to break my phone.

and now scott's calling me. what does he want?

i declined his call and put my phone on silent.

why did he say that? i shouldn't be crying, he was being an asshole. but i'm really upset that he said that. it really looked like he meant it.

troye walked in. i quickly dried my eyes and looked down.

"how's scott?" he asked, going to his bed and throwing his bag on it.

"he's fine." i said.

"are you okay?" i felt troye looking at me, but i still didn't look up.

"i'm great, yeah. you?"

"i'm... good... ?"

i pretended that i got a text so i didn't have to talk to troye.

scott sent me texts. i was really tempted to open them and just not respond.

scott:
im sorry

fuck

im so sorry

im just in a really bad place right now

mentally

and i know that isn't an excuse

but im sorry

i turned my phone off and really, really wanted to break it in some way.

"what's wrong?" troye suddenly said, scaring me a little.

"nothing, why?"

"you're... crying."

am i?
"pfft, no i'm not." i scoffed and quickly wiped my eyes dry.

i'm so done with this. with scott. with everything. god.

-

do you now know what happened to scott ?

im not gonna really get into it but i did say a little something about it somewhere in this chapter
so...

bye !