22.

it was around 8 pm and me and troye went upstairs to alex's room.

troye knocked on the door a few times.

"the gays are here!" alex opened the door. i like him already.

"hi boo." troye said and walked in, followed by me.

there was cheesy christmas music playing in the background. this is gonna be really fun.

alex was a nice looking guy, in some way similar to scott, but shorter and less attractive in my opinion.

there also was a girl, and jacob.

i think the girl was betty or something. she had short blonde hair and a cute smile.

"guys this is mitch." troye said and gestured to me.

"hi." i awkwardly smiled. i'm so uncomfortable around people i don't know.

"hey!" betty enthusiastically said, making me less uncomfortable.

i walked to the tree and put my gift for jacob under there, trying not to let jacob see what i'm doing.

someone else knocked on the door and alex opened again.

it was haley, followed by travis. no sign of scott whatsoever. weird. where is he?

i went up to haley.
"where's scott?"

"he texted that he'll be here later." she shrugged.

she doesn't care at all. does she even know what state he is in right now?

"how's he doing?" i asked, trying to sound like i don't know what's going on.

"he's good, i think."

well, he's not really.

"why do you want to know all of this stuff?" she asked.

"okay is everyone here?" alex clapped a few times, gaining our attention. thank you. now i don't have to answer that question.

"scott isn't." jacob noticed.

"he'll be here later." haley said.

alex said we all should get something to drink and get into the christmas spirit.

i don't think haley knows what's going on. luckily i do, and i'm not planning on telling her.

a lot of people were wearing christmas sweaters, but i forgot mine. i did put on socks with little christmas trees, so that's festive.

-

after about an hour of all getting to know each other better, there still was no sign of scott.

i did however get to know everyone.

betty is a girl who really likes music and she has a girlfriend, which is cute.

alex is a theater enthousiast who's obsessed with taylor swift.

i already knew jacob and troye.

what i didn't know is that haley also likes art. of course. and she had to say she was dating scott about 100 times.

and travis really liked... i don't know. he didn't really say a lot.

when i had to tell something about myself i said i liked to sing, what i didn't say is that me and scott fucked 2 times, because that would probably upset haley a little. i really really wanted to say it, though, just to make haley sad. does that make me a bad person?

"seriously, where's scott?" troye asked and looked at the time.
"it's been an hour."

i got out my phone and sent him a text.