A Test Run..

(Donatello x Fem! Reader)

Entangled in each gulp of air filling your lungs an intoxicating concoction of lust, regret, infidelity and sweat makes the dancing in the club overshadow the shit you went through this week as your body conforms to the will of each beat of the music blasting from the speakers around the building.

Bodies haphazardly crash into, grind against and grope each other; it's all an unorganized heated mess but no one cares, especially you.

A blur of free drinks and erotic dancing fill the hours of the evening, just another Friday in the city of New York.

With a heavy buzz of alcohol thickly coursing through your body, it pulsates your core uneasily, making you see swirls.

You excuse yourself to go to the restroom and you barely make it to the porcelain portal as the sustenance through the night makes its quick return.

You sit, alone and faintly fatigued in the poorly decorated room on the cool tile floor, breathing the refreshing, cold air. The pounding music rumbles inaudibly behind the heavy entrance door, causing each beat to make it slightly vibrate.

The moments drift on to a point where being sluggish registers.

"Time to go home I suppose." You roughly mumble, slightly disappointed at the decision.

Legs wobbly, you sluggishly flush the toilet and wash your hands.

Thoughts of events from the past week swirl in your mind as you start to focus on the water flowing from the tap, gently swooshing around the sink and slowly going down the broken drain.

Monday: was the worst, figuratively and realistically; someone had run into your parked car while at work, completely totaling the driver's side. You were fine with crawling through the passenger side to get home but you couldn't do it everyday. You loved your car being nice and taken care of. So your car was in the shop this week and half of next, which means you're without a personal vehicle for a good bit.

Tuesday: didn't sit well either as your pet suddenly became seriously ill and was taken to the vet. Being in the golden ages of the cuddly puppers, they were currently still thankfully there in stable condition. With your neighbors not being on the considerate side of things you were thankful the hospital gave complimentary post-op services.

To top it off, even your spouse has been more distant that usual, it's been months since they've touched you or really spoken to you as a person.

When you're together it's like something else is more important: work, their phone, the TV, the latest movie, even friends.

One night, out of pure desperation to try and get any type of response from them, you wore the sexiest outfit for your bi-monthly dinner date you could find and they didn't even notice.

Their eyes glued on the device in their hand only allowing them to grunt rudely, "Okay, let's go."

Give it that you two were together for just two years, you didn't think you would hit this stage of an unlucky relationship so quickly as this. You didn't necessarily have any experience on what to do to combat this behavior since you only had one relationship before this and that didn't end very well either.

Thinking back, you weren't all that much into sticking to one feeling for long.

Your car may be messed up right now, but it gave you the chance to try your new bike that you bought on a whim. It made you notice new stores, restaurant chains, and cafes. Such places for future visits.

Your precious four-legged baby being sick and being away gave you time to wash all the laundry you've been procrastinating against while throwing their old bedding away and get them a fresh new look for when they came home.