I will get that promotion...

(Leonardo x Fem!Reader)

Blood pumped through your head as you pushed your body further while you run down the streets of New York. Dodging and weaving through the crowds pulled at your anger with each side shot elbow or shoulder check.

"Excuse the fuck outta me then!" You bark backward to the last assailant as you run along trying to avoid oncoming pedestrians, adjusting your clothes and hood back to cover your face from the rain.

Coming to a halt at a crowded intersection, you frantically look around the area and past the cars to see, diagonally across the street, a familiar shadow rush deeper into an alleyway. Seeing the crosswalk light being red you begin to jump up and down in aggravation to how slow it is.

The moment of stallment got you to thinking back to how this marathon started and you seethed.

It was your day off from work and you decided to prepare for your upcoming meeting, a really crucial and intense negotiation between your home company and a partnering company, at a coffee shop for a few hours in a loose-fitting, casual outfit. When you noticed it was raining you packed your paperwork, notes, and laptop into your backpack before putting on your thick hoodie.

As you were walking down the sidewalk towards your place you were struck from the back and your bag was taken. It took you a couple of seconds to recoup and start running after the thief.

As hell as your witness you were going to kill that footsoldier when you get your hands on them. You needed the promotion, you would get if the meeting went smoothly, as it would further your experience needed for a better paying job position at a competitive company, that you were secretly looking forward to accepting.

The second the light turns green, you bolt across the street and further down a small distance just to jet across the road, into the targeted alleyway.

An annual paycheck of seven figures was enough to convince you to commit murder.

Catching a glimpse of another shadow turning down another alleyway you push off more and sling yourself into the pathway on your right. Skidding to a stop you see four giant turtle shells, all decked out differently, all surrounding a crowd of unconscious foot soldiers.

"Seems like the one that just arrived was the last one. Donnie, you hear anything on your scanner?" One body covered in swords motions to another covered in technology and steps back to turn back towards the bodies, scoping them out.

"Nothing so far. I don't believe this was a random meeting we stumbled upon Leo, I mean look how many were here along with the one that just showed up."

This time the one with scars and red cloth decorating the biggest shell grunts, "i'm just glad this wasn't a let down. I've been wantin' ta kick some foot clan ass since the last time they tried ta ambush us."

The smallest reptile with a skateboard attached to its shell looks at the red wearing turtle, "aw bro, i didn't think you cared about us like that! keep this up and the hot head position in our band will be vacant!"