Sadness to Happiness

"We'll see" were the only two words which kept on ringing in his mind. 
He wondered why can't she just tell them about their relationship right now! Why this "let's keep it for some other time"?

With all these thoughts going on in his heavy heart and mind he slowly and silently had the dinner.

Anushka,who was sitting next to him, kept on assuring him to be positive towards her decision of not telling her parents about them by keeping her hand on his which was on the table.

Prabhas gave a fade smile to her making her worry if he was angry on her for doing this.

"What am I even doing?  I myself don't know!  What's the need to hide my relationship from them when they always kept on asking me if I had anyone in my life which stopped me from marrying someone else.? I should tell them but.."  she was thinking to herself just when she found Prabhas, Rana and her Appa standing at some distance from the dining table.

Pushing the chair out ,she stood up and walked to them.

"We may take a leave now" said Prabhas with a forceful smile on the face.

"Why so early? Let's have some dessert. " her appa insisted.

"Yeah sur..." Rana spoke to  get cut by Prabhas' words "Next time uncle, we are tired now, it was a long day.." Prabhas said being assertive.

"Fine. But meet us once again before we leave.. And thank you so much for taking care of my daughter when we were not around." he said with a obliged smile.

"Don't thank us uncle, that was our responsibility. She's our friend, actually she's family to us. How wouldn't we care for her" Rana said holding her appa's hand between his'.
"He's right uncle.."  Prabhas smiled.

//They left//

It was around 11 pm when Anushka walked off to her room after having some chit chat session with her amma.

She tried calling Prabhas for N number of times, only to have them unanswered by him. The lines of worry formed on her forehead.
After all the failed trials, she finally made a call to his cousin sister.
She breathed a sigh of relief when his sister told that he had reached home till then.
She lied on the bed but couldn't sleep. Pulling up the blanket, removing it, and changing positions was all that she kept on doing the whole night. Sleep came her way unknowingly in the morning when it was 4.

The 6:30 am alarm in her phone rang at its highest volume.
Stretching her arm out, she turned the alarm off. She slept after 15 minutes ie at 6:45.

After sleeping for almost 3 more hours, she woke up and freshened herself.
She took shower and went down and greeted her parents a good morning.

"Why so late?"  her amma inquired when Anushka was taking out the milk from the fridge to make some coffe.

"Sleep didn't cooperate with me yesternight Amma. I slept late" she answered while turning to the kitchen slab where she found her mother already having the coffee mug in her hand.

"That's okay. I have made coffee for you. Drink it and get ready, we're going shopping." amma said to Anushka giving her the mug.

"Mmm... Am-- Amma... Actually I.. I am going to.. to Rana's house.. Yes Rana's house. We have some film related work, so I won't be able to join you." she said with broken  words.

"But please don't cancel the plan, you both go, I'll see if I can join" she continued smiling at her amma.

"No problem. But try your best to accompany us"