Chapter 10

It took me a year to get up to ten chapters. Let's see how long this goes up to. Thanks for the 5K goal and for all of your support. Shoutout to cutecharli and Percabethfan12345 for the encouragement. I will also like to give a shoutout to SenaAreki for the ideas and all the support she gave me since the beginning.

Natasha's POV

I went straight to their cells which was basically the size of an apartment, Sharon got her own bed and bathroom while James and Steve share the room and bathroom. I open the door for the facility, who were delivering their meals.
      At first no one dared to touch it.
N: It's not poison if that's what you guys are wondering. I said slightly annoyed.
Sharon: Prove it.
N: Captain, may I? I asked gesturing towards the food.
S: Sure.
       I grab Steve's fork and ate the a couple pieces of broccoli and a small piece chicken.
N: See, it's not poisoned. I will get you a new fork Captain.
      Sharon nor James believed me. They keep staring at the food and will glance up a couple of time at me.  However the Steve keep looking at me like he recognized me or is trying to figure out who I am. Luckily his new fork came in and he slowly started eating.
N: Do you two want me to try your foods to?
J: Yes.
N: Fine, you guys are like three year olds.
J: Would you trust and eat the food that your enemy served you?
He said coaxing one of his eyebrows while Sharon was trying to not laugh at his statement. Steve, however gave him an annoyed look and I mentally rolled my eyes.
N: We are not your enemies Barnes, you are here so everyone is safe including you three.
J: Okay.
     He said with a snicker at the end. I just ignored him and grabbed the fork that I used. I walked towards their plate and had some piece of their meal.
N: Happy now?
      They all nodded. It took them a couple of minutes to finish. I called the facility to pick their plates up.
S: Agent Rivers can I speak to you?
N: Yes, you can. I am listening.
S: Can we speak in a private place.
      Oh God, Steve said it as if I was in trouble or any Avenger especially Tony was in trouble.
N: Sure, give me a minute.
      I whispered in my doom to lock at the doors and windows and to keep a close eye on them.
N: What do you want Captain, and or how can I assist you?
S: I want to know who you really are.
He said locking the door. I slightly panic. Oh God, what is he up to.
N: My name is Nicole Rivers, I told you and yours friends this a couple of times and you did call me Agent Rivers a couple of minutes ago.
S: Fine. Where are you from then?
N: Captain Rogers are you trying to interrogate me?
S: Maybe, I just only want to hear the truth from you and only the truth. People who know me knows this.
Yeah, I know. You hated me for a while because I hid the truth from you and everyone else.
N: I respect that Captain Rogers, and I will tell you I was born in the United States. That's all I can tell you.
S: I still don't believe you.
N: How come? I told you the truth.
S: It doesn't seem like the truth. You fighting skills reminds me of a person I knew.
He said walking towards me as I walked backwards. This reminds me of when S.H.E.I.L.D. was compromised. So this is how he interrogates people especially women. I don't have a good feeling of this.
N: May I ask who?
I'm walking on ice he can figure out who I am any moment.
S: She just a friend.
N: What's her name?
S: Why should I tell you. You don't tell me the truth but you expect me too?
His eyes where full of anger and his body tense. I carefully watched him, scare of what he may do.
N: I did tell you a little of my personally life. So, it would be fair if you tell me her name.
S: Stop lying.
Scenes in the hospital where playing on my head. I had to be careful in what I am going to say so that I don't reveal my self to him. I sighed.

N: I'm not

N: I'm not.
     He was looking into my eyes trying to find out answers. I was nervous because he actually might find something because I taught him that if you don't get an intel stare them done. I looked down a couple of seconds later praying that he won't find anything.
N: What is the matter?
    He groaned turning his body and running a hand through his hair. I sighed in relief.

Steve's POV

    This is very frustrating. I promise I would get some information out of her but I can't. I don't know how to interrogate. That was mostly Natasha's job when we were partners. I was there to make sure Natasha doesn't go to hard on them or if they tried to attack us.
      I should have let Bucky do this but if he did he might have hurt her. I quickly walk back to her and looked into her eyes to see if I can find the truth. At least that's what Natasha had taught me to do. I look into her eyes and I notice she is wearing contacts and her eyes had a small green tint to them. I smirked I finally got something.
S: Why are you wearing contacts?
N: I wear contacts because I have poor vision and I need to see.
S: Are you sure about that and that it's not colored contacts.
N: Yes I am.
     She said proudly trying to look taller. She reminded me of Natasha so much. I walked forward making her walk backwards until there was the perfect amount of light on her. I looked back at her eyes again and see the same shade of emerald green eyes that Natasha has.
      Wait this can't be Natasha. She promise that she won't arrest me. I took a step back. Her breathes were getting heaving.
N: Are you okay Captain?
S: Natasha?
      I asked in a quiet whisper. I don't what to say or react anymore.
N: Who is Natasha?
S: Don't act stupid! You are Natasha!
      I said with anger building up in me. I slightly raised my voice at her which took her by surprised.  She betrayed me and arrest me. How can she work for Ross? All of a sudden her comm goes off.
-Agent Ro-
N: Agent Rivers copies.
-We need you in the meeting room right now.
N: On my way. 
      She quickly left the room and all I could do is watch I'm shocked. She gave me a shy smile, this is Natasha no doubt. I don't know how to feel anymore. I still am angry that she join Ross's crew but glad she is safe.

Natasha POV

After looking in my eyes for a second time he started smirking. Oh no!
S: Why are you wearing contacts?
N: I wear contacts because I have poor vision and I need to see.
S: Are you sure about that and that it's not colored contacts.
N: Yes I am.
    I am so screw, he looked into my eyes for a third time now and this time he immediately recognizes me. What am I going to do? My breathing was getting heavier. I quickly think of something, probably not the best thing to ask.
N: Are you okay Captain?
S: Natasha?
After I heard him say my name I froze. It was like I was longing for him to say my name yet I was afraid because I don't know what to say. I gulped and tried to remained calm.
N: Who is Natasha?
S: Don't act stupid! You are Natasha!
     I was taken back, Steve rarely yells. I most have really hurt him. How am I going to explain this to him? My comm quickly went off taking me out of my thoughts.
-Agent Ro-
    I quickly respond hoping Steve didn't hear that.
N: Agent Rivers copies.
-We need you in the meeting room right now.
N: On my way.
     I quickly left the room leaving Steve speechless and in shock. Before I closed the door I gave him a small smile. I got lucky there.

A/N:

Here is your update guys. It didn't take me that long but sorry for some readers who has been waiting for a while. Please tell me what you think and please vote especially the ghost readers. The interrogation idea is completely from SenaAreki . I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.
-Quick question are the chapters getting to long?