Chapter 17

A/N: I know, I know this is long overdue. Thank you to my loyal and new readers for all your encouragement. Hopefully this chapter gives justice to me not updating as often as I would like to. I am going to try to update more frequently because of quarantine. My school is closed for the rest of the year. I also typed this on my laptop instead of my phone so the format is a little different than the previous chapters.

Previously on The One

  While Bucky kept talking about their past together I couldn't help but get jealous. I don't understand why. Natasha and I are really good friends but when I see her flirting with other guys I get this overwhelming feeling but I don't get that feeling when other guys talk to Sharon. When Bucky was talking about her almost adoring her I started to get these feelings like from Ultron when Nat was too close to Bruce for comfort.
I realize that I keep calling Natasha by her nicknames. I just was trying to show how good of a relationship Natasha and I had even though I completely destroyed it. I know that I won't get any sleep tonight because all I kept thinking about her. I go through by phone and scroll through all of the pictures I had of her and this is by fair my favorite picture. I was so glad I was able to take a picture of her. She is the epitome of beauty. She is perfect. Where are you Nat?

Steve's POV

How did this happen. The mission was going perfectly fine until the news started crashing down on us. Red Skull, I don't know how he is alive, greeted us and said that one of us needs to sacrifice our self for the stone. He knew my mother's name and Natasha's father name. She even didn't know her father's name. This mission is was only between Natasha and I. The Accords seemed to be handled and allowed us to go on this mission. Our task was to retrieve the stone and go home. The only major problem was the stone is located in space but with the help of Thor's connections we were able to land on a planet called Vormir. I was going to sacrifice myself because I am a man out of time I have lived a long enough life. It was mine time to leave this world. We reflected on this situation and barely spoke for an hour. She sat on a rock while I stood leading on a boulder.

S: Whatever it takes.

N: If we don't get that stone, billions of people stay dead.

I shake my head an agreement and look over towards the end of the cliff.

S:Then, I guess, we both know who it's gotta be.

N: I guess we do.

I grab her hand to hold her and to feel her the last time. She places her other hand right on top of mine. I gave her a shy smile and looked into her eyes. Her eyes look like she had a different idea then mine. I realized that she wants to sacrifice her life.

S: I'm starting to think we mean different people here, Natasha.

N: All the years of being an Avenger and a S.H.I.E.L.D Agent I had been trying to do one thing and it led to right here. It's all it has been about, sacrificing my life for the greater good.

S: You have already done that many times.

N: You think I want to do it. I'm trying to save your life and the world's future.

S: Well I don't want you to, how's that. We don't trade lives, Tasha. Natasha, I am man out of time. I have lived a long time. Take care of my shield for me. We practically share this thing already.

I gave a small chuckle. The corner of her lip gave a small smile.

N: You keep it. People still need you, Steve. They need your hope.