Chapter 8

Rebecca's POV

I hate testing. A test is only a snap shot of what you can do on one day, not what you can do overall. I do see the merits of a test though, it can tell the teacher what they need to go back over because the students didn't understand it.

In this case, where testing helps me, I'm glad to be testing. It's better than being bored in classes for a period of time.

Dr.Holst is taking me to her office to take the test so that she can work and watch me at the same time. It will be nice to know where her office is so if I need to find an administrator to talk to and Mr.Bubblé is busy, I can go to her office.

Time Skip

The math test had a lot of problems that I didn't know how to do and I was told to not guess on the problems that I didn't know how to do. However, I feel that I did my best on it.

There was an english test to see how well I know the language. I weel that that test was horrible, my tutor didn't spend much time on that language as it wasn't our official language and that we spent time learning other languages; like french and spanish.

There was also a science test that they wanted me to take but I told Dr.Holst that there was no point as I had never been taught in that subject.

By the time I was done with my tests, it was lunch time and Dr.Holst let me leave.

Dr.Holst's POV

Just by looking over what Rebecca had done on the math test, we had seriously underestimated what she can do, and that is before it is graded properly. She is almost five and is doing what in our country is equivalent to 5th grade math. I don't know if her tutor was lying to her about what math she was doing or if math is just taught at a faster pace in Appilachia.

When all of her tests were done, I let Rebecca go to lunch and then her after lunch classes of sciences and endurance building. After I had let her go, I realized that I hadn't asked what languages she knew. I would have to fix that soon.

Her math testing level was amazing for someone not even five. All of the questions she tried on the math, she got right. Definitely a math prodigy. Her English language test score was less impressive however. Some of the questions she got wrong were words that she used correctly when talking, but apparently not while writing.

In that moment, I just knew it would be fun to see just what she will be able to do in her time here.