Chapter 10

Rebecca figures out a way for her to be able to sneak off the grounds once a week to take a dance class. She has a standing pickup with a taxi from a location not far from, but not close to, Blackthorne.

Rebecca's POV

As I'm walking to my rendezvous point with my taxi, I hear a rustling of leaves behind me.

"Who is there?"

"It's just me." a voice replies. And then from behind the brush that surrounds the trail that I have been using, Zach steps out. "Where are you going? You do know that you are outside of where you are supposed to be, right?"

"Of course I do. What are you going to do about it?"

"Where are you going? I will answer your question if you will answer mine."

"I am going to dance class. You can stop me or let me go but if you are going to let me go can you hurry? I'm going to miss my pickup."

"I won't stop you or tell on you on one condition."

"What is that?" I ask.

"You let me go with you."

"Deal."

"Deal."

So Zach continues on with me to my pickup location where the taxi is waiting for me. The driver looks at Zach weird so I say, "Rick, this is my brother Zach. My parents found out and though it took some pleading, they allowed me to continue dancing as long as one of my brothers comes with me."

Zach's POV

I don't know what made me agree to let Rebecca continue to go to dance. It is dangerous for a princess to be out and about without a full complement of guards, which I am not. It is safer for her to go with me going with her, but it's still not a good idea. All it takes is one person to figure out that she is royalty and say something about it, even innocently, to someone and it would no longer be safe for her to be in the country, she would have to return to Appilachia.

I need to figure out a way for Rebecca to start learning self-defense and fighting skills. She needs to learn how to defend herself if she keeps on wanting to do excursions such as this one. I would hate to think of what could happen if she was found out when I wasn't here.

I also need to find someone else that would be willing to come with Rebecca in case I am unable to come with her. She needs protection by one of the trusted guys in this school or by me. They are the only ones that I trust with her safety right now.

Oh great! Now I sound like an overprotective brother. Not what I need right now.

Rebecca's POV

Why did Zach have find out about my going to dance class? Now if someone else finds out and stops me, I will have nowhere to escape to. I will be stuck doing what I was before, being bored. No chance to escape or get away from my days full of nothing to do. The good news is that, for now, Zach has decided to just escort me, not tell on me. I can only hope that lasts for a bit. A very long bit.