5

"I don't want to go alone." Nina pokes my cheek for the 33rd time.

"I am going to kill you." I yawn and get up. "You better pee fast."

Nina has been asking me to get up and go with her to the bathroom for the past 5 minutes and it's now 2 in the morning. Everyone else fell asleep and I was just starting to but then Nina decided to keep me from my slumber.

I slip on scandals and walk with Nina towards the restrooms. Approaching I see three other people on the guys side. Nina sees them too, hides behind me and whispers, "This is why you needed to come with me, I could've been raped."

"Nina?" "Yeah?" "That's Drew, Mike and Finn." She comes out from behind me and smiles, "Oh." She runs ahead and jumps on one of the guys.

"Nina, I told you to stop eating so many hotdogs." One of the guys groan from the floor as I walk over.

"It's called muscle." Nina slaps Drew.

"So Leigh is the one you dragged out here, huh?" Mike laughs, "Sucks for you, this happens a lot."

"I am protecting her from being raped." I yawn and lean against the wall. "But I am going to knock in a second."

Finn walks over to me and hugs me and leans his head on my shoulder. "You better not fall asleep on me, Finnegan."

"What did you just call me?" "Finneg-"

"Hey, Leigh." A girl walks up to us.

"Ali?" Finn stands up straighter. "What do you want now?"

"I thought I told you to stay away from Finn." Ali walks up to me.

"And who are you to tell me what to do?" I scoff.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the last thing I said before a hand came flying to my cheek. Yes, Ali slapped me.

My hand flies to the area where she slapped and that's where my instincts to fight back kick in, but apparently Finn saw this coming and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You don't wanna do that." Finn rests his forehead on the side of my head.

"Oh, I think you're wrong about that." I try to break free but Finn is unfortunately too strong and doesn't let me go. I peek over Finns shoulder and see Nina going off on Ali, who quickly walks away.

"That bitch better watch her back." I exclaim as Finn finally lets go of me. I look up to him, "You should've let me kick her ass."

"And if I did that, you would probably be kicked out of this camp and we wouldn't get to see you anymore." Finn pouts and kisses me on the cheek, "Nobody wants that. Especially me."

"Alright, loser," I ruffle his hair, "I've gotta go get some ice, my cheek stings like a bitch."

"Great, I'll come." Finn takes my hand, "We'll be back," he shouts to no one in particular and leads me off to an ice machine that's outside of the café.

After getting the ice, he walks me back to my cabin and we sit on the steps for a bit and chat.

"Alright, I've really gotta get to sleep if we're going hiking tomorrow." I stand up and help Finn up, "Goodnight, Finn."

Finn hugs me and leans his chin on my shoulder. "Goodnight, Leigh."

He pulls away and holds eye contact for a few seconds before leaning in. And guess what happens next?

Nina opens the door, both of our heads snapping in her direction.

"Leigh? Come in it's cold." I nod and look back at Finn. " I smile and kiss his cheek.

I walk into the cabin and shut the door behind me, looking to Nina.

"I may kill you in your sleep."