Chapter 1

Harry's P.O.V.:

"Why do I have to go to a Christian school anyway? I already go to church every Sunday" I questioned my mother as I sat eating my breakfast at our oversized dining room table.

"Because Harry we did and so did your sister. We gave you the chance to go to public school and the other kids started those disgusting rumours about you. Both your father and I will not stand for that. You know how we feel about those sinners." My mother rambled and I rolled my eyes; pushing my plate to the side.

"A few kids called me gay, so what? They were only joking" I tried to explain.

My fathers fist hit against the table, "Harry! We do not use that word in this house!" He shouted across the table at me. His eyebrows were pushed together and anger filled the green eyes that resembled mine.

"Harry, darling. It's not that they were using that word. It was the things they were saying about you to do with that topic." My mom tried to tell me in a more softer tone.

"Rumours like that don't start for no reason.." My older sister mumbled and my mother glanced over at her.

"Gemma!" She yelled.

I felt a lump build up in my throat and I choked it down as I pushed my brown, curly hair off of my forehead and stood up from the table.

"I'm gonna go to school" I announced as I picked up my bag that rested against the leg of the dark brown table.

"Do you want me to drop you off?" My mother asked; pulling her attention away from my sister.

"No I'll just take the bus" I told her.

"But it's raining." She said.

"It's fine mom!" I reassured her in a harsh way before leaving the room and I walked to the door.

I left the house and began making my way to the bus stop down the road. The light drops of rain hit the top of my head but I was quick to get to the shelter.

As I waited I reminisced the bad memories of the last school year. It was a bad time for me.

My best friend kissed me once and someone saw it. He didn't want anyone to know he was gay so he said I forced it on him. I didn't find out that he had done that until it was too late. People started to call me gay and made up rumours about me that mostly weren't true.

I thought he loved me but it was a mistake. One that I wanted to forget. God forgave me.

My mother found out about the rumours and luckily for me she believed that they were just rumours but she pulled me out of that school as soon as she could and we moved to Doncaster.

This school was a new start for me. I refused to ruin it for myself. I am not gay.

The bus came to a stop in front of me and I stood up and got on.

I made my way to the back, past the groups of kids from the school that I would be attending.

I took a seat and stared out the window but something was bothering me.

A group of guys a few seats ahead were being loud and messing around. They looked to be seniors. One in particular. The one with the brown hair and blue eyes took a glance in my direction. I hoped he hadn't noticed me but he did.

"Hey! What are you looking at kid?" He shouted over at me before tossing a ball of paper at me and laughing.

I rolled my eyes before turning my attention back to the window. I knew it was going to be a long bus ride.