Chapter 8

Harry's POV:

I stood looking in the mirror as I slid on my blazer that Monday morning, and I couldn't help but notice that I looked different. You could see how many hours of sleep I got in the past week just by looking at me, I looked physically drained. I just hoped that no one would notice.

I left my bathroom and grabbed my school bag and my phone before exiting my room.

I hadn't turned my phone on the whole week to avoid any contact with anyone.

I held down the lock button and waited for the phone to load up. I got a notification and my blood ran cold as I read it. I had two messages from him.

I didn't even dare read them. I couldn't do that to myself so early in the morning.

"Harry, good morning" my mom said cheerfully; wrapping her arms around me like she hadn't seen me in months.

As she ended the embrace she stepped back; keeping her hands firm on my forearms.

"But darling you look horrible" she stated.

"Yeah, thanks for pointing it out, mom" I said with a scoff and rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry" she sighed deeply.

"At least all your bruises and swelling has gone down" she pointed out and I nodded.

"Well, I'm going to school now" I said; shrugging her hands off of me.

"Aren't you going to eat?" She asked.

"I'll get something on the way" I said.

"Why do you always ask him that? He's obviously not going to eat unless you force food down his throat" my sister butted in from the table.

"Fuck up Gemma!" I barked. She infuriated me and I was in no way in the mood for her bullshit.

"Harry," my mother complained resting her hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged her off harshly, "I'm leaving, now" I said before practically storming out of the house.

I began walking to school and as I did so I slipped my earphones in and let the music from my phone fill my mind; pushing away every single thought that tried to occupy me.

Eventually I got to school, just in time for morning prayer and as I sat there I felt beyond distracted. I couldn't concentrate on anything they had to say. I kept drifting away from myself and really that's how it was all day.

After prayer I made my way to the office to get a leave slip for sport so I didn't have to attend that class for the day but on the way out my principal made an effort to remind me that my after school duties were still in tact.

I had totally forgot about it until then. Life was never on my side, I thought I'd be able to avoid seeing Louis but as usual I was out of luck.

I don't understand why this was happening to me, I didn't do anything to deserve this pathetic excuse for a life.

I just hoped that for the sake of my sanity he wasn't at school because I would rather clean the whole town by myself then have to see him.

---

Throughout every single one of my classes I couldn't concentrate. Not even in science, and science was probably the easiest subject in the world.

All I could think of was what was going to happen when the two of us were put in the same room again.

Would he beat me up again? I had to promise myself that if he did I would defend myself this time.

What if he apologized? Would I be willing to forgive him?