Anxiety

I've mentioned your name before.

Oh, you get your own chapter, Anxiety.

It leaves a bitter aftertaste over my tongue, your name. You use that musky, disgusting taste to constantly remind me that you are indeed there, and that you don't plan on leaving any time soon.

You're that feeling that I get when I skip a step while walking down the stairs, or when my chair tips over, that lunge in my stomach.
Except you never go away.

I've already touched on the fact that you despise my friend, sleep. Is it because she can take me away from you?

Do you get jealous?

I think you do.

Because, as soon as you fade into the background, you suddenly force yourself to the very forefront of my mind.

And you get so angry in your jealousy. You make me feel your anger in the cruelest ways.

You're as dark and quite as a panther.

And just as dangerous.

You sit in the corner of my mind, purring in a constant hum that's just enough to unsettle me.

And then, when I finally drown out your deep melody, you pounce.

You shred your claws against me, you sink and rip your teeth through my skin.

You make my hands shake and my heart panic. You make my mind freeze and my lungs shutter.

There are few things more terrifying than you, my dark panther

I'm scared to turn my back to you again.

I can't look away.