« ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ- ᴏɴᴇ »

"Go Y/N... Go!" Castiel exclaimed leaping up from the bleachers his hands waving above his head.

The raven-haired man's eye were trained on the game... Well were more like trained on his best friend, whom he's known his entire life. His chest heaved up and down once he finally sat down to enjoy his popcorn and the rest of the game. And boy would he never miss cheering on Y/N at one of her Softball games.

Life seemed good to him, with two loving parents and two loving brothers, then to top it all off a best friend. Things couldn't possibly get better than this and yet they just did. These seemed to be the kind days to them. The good old carefree and fun filled days of their childhood.

The days where they could be caught staying up till the crack of dawn, going through video games like pairs of underwear and not to mention all of the messes that were just begging to be made or adventures just waiting to be taken upon.

Castiel and Y/N could be caught for hours staring at the clouds, or swimming, sometimes exploring the woods not to mention that Castiel never missed a soft ball game of hers. The two were inseparable and nothing could ever come between them. Sure they had other friendships yet to them this one came first- The parents didn't object to their bond either, often finding it cute how they would walk from house to house just to see eachother luckily only living down the street from one another.

Through all of the hardships and amazing memories did their bond only grow their friendship, their friendship becoming only stronger as time passed. Because the only time either one of them seemed able to get through something hard was with the other. Nonetheless the hardships wouldn't end yet neither would their friendship.

"Look what I can do Cas!" The young girl giggled through concentration whilst she dangled upside down off a branch to a rather large tree. Nothing except her legs to keep her afloat.

"Y/N are you sure that you won't-"

"I'm not going to die Cas... Come on you should try it!" She exclaimed through a wide grin wiggling her eyebrows. "It'll be fun,"

Even if Castiel had some doubts, even if he didn't deem this as the safest activity he still tried it anyways whilst he trusted his best friend more than he'll ever be able to admit. They acted like monkeys that day, hanging in all different directions even climbing to the highest branch. This forest gradually became theirs and no one else's, and no one would ever be able to take that away from them.

Each summer since middle school the parents couldn't seem to find a way to keep them out of the forest. Even if Castiel had broken his arm that day it couldn't help the fact that it was his and Y/N's place. He remembers so clearly how Y/N refused to leave him her best friend even if the hike to help was short. Castiel remembers in detail swimming in the small creek together, baking cookies together, sleeping in the same bed and keeping each other warm.

However those were all just memories now.

Once they got into highschool everything changed. At first them sleeping in the same bed was deemed as "Something that friends just don't do" then their secret swimming lessons changed because apparently you have to put on a swimsuit and not just your underwear.

Everything seems to be changing for them not just because of the big change from middle school to highschool. Castiel hated it with a passion whilst Y/N simply went along with the flow. Knowing that there was nothing she could do to change things.

"God Cas... What happened to your face?" Y/N questioned fingers brushing across his purple and black eye whilst her heart shattered at his cry out in pain. 

Of course the best friend didn't want to have to tell her whilst she would risk her reputation for him... However he couldn't lie to her and there was no way in hell she would drop it.

"Azazel and his goons did this to me," Castiel mumbled never meeting her gaze. "I think that they got bored... They dragged me behind the bleachers and-"

"Those little fuckers are going to pay for what they've done to you!" She exclaimed furiously, eyes red with rage.

"No Y/N-"

"You don't have to come to those games if they're going to cause you trouble... But after I'm done with them, maybe they'll stop..." The best friend trailed off at the end not knowing what else to say.

Castiel mentally face palmed himself of course fate would like him to screw up the last thing Y/N and him still had left from being kids, nonetheless cause him to want to stay even more at the games.

"No I will not let them cause me to stop supporting my best friend," Castiel smiled hugging his best friend tightly.

"Now that's the best friend I know and love,"

Although Freshman and Sophomore year they did grow further and further apart whilst neither of them knew how to fix it. There is seemingly nothing that could. Their bond was still strong, yet their schedules too chaotic... Who knew that high school would come with this much more work?

Y/N seemed to be avoiding the raven haired man for weeks now and he couldn't seem to know why. Castiel simply lost more and more hope as the days went on. He missed his best friend whom he's known his whole life.

He missed the girl who got coffee with him every Sunday, he missed the girl who would walk him to school everyday, yet more importantly he missed the girl that he-

"I haven't seen Y/N in awhile is this what this is about?" The mother questioned hugging her crying son.

He nodded burying his face into her shoulder... Castiel had always had a strong bond with his parents. The raven-haired man simply didn't know what to do next.

"Look Castiel you start your junior year tomorrow... And it's going to be great- Gabriel even told me that he'll drive you tomorrow and Lucifer offered to make you breakfast... Look we're all concerned for you even your father, when he gets home he would like to watch Colombo with you," His mother mumbled stroking her sons curly soft locks of hair in a soothing motion.

The raven-haired man chuckled nodding eagerly a smile forming across his lips. And while his mother cooked dinner that night and Casitel watched Colombo with his father. The thought of Y/N slipped their minds neither having the chance to know the future... The future in which Junior year helped the friendship of Y/N and Cas to no longer exist.

Their friendship merely memories, as Casitel didn't know why the hell Y/N did what she did. He thought that they were friends although apparently not. He didn't think that it was fair, and yet it would take years to get over their friendship. The bond that he missed would only come back to haunt him.

Their friendship obviously wasn't meant to be and yet... Yet Castiel simply didn't know when to give up.