« ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ - ғɪᴠᴇ »

Y/N knew that Castiel loved his flannel, and yet... Yet the friend simply didn't do anything to halt Azazel in his plan. One plan in which she knew of... One plan in which could be definitely stopped. However, maybe Y/N didn't care enough to warn Castiel- Maybe she ceased to care at all.

She could remember the good old days of protecting Castiel and sticking by his side through any hell that tried to come their way. They were the strongest... Strongest together. Sometimes Y/N likes to think that she let go of Castiel because he was the waker side of her; or that she let him go to prove her own strength. Although that wasn't the case at all.

Neither of those was true they were simply lies that she liked to tell herself to sleep better at night. Y/N knew deep down that she was stronger with Castiel everyone around them knew this as well-Although neither of them admitted it.

She wanted to be on her own... Fend for herself, not having to worry about someone else or depend on someone else. Castiel hadn't realized it yet that he had become a burden to her. Y/N shouldn't have ever told him that in the way that she had thought, knowing fully well that it would break his heart.

She never intended to hurt him she simply wanted to only worry about herself, the last thing she wanted was to hurt him. She simply wanted to only worry about herself the last thing she wanted was to hurt him.

They had stuck together through thick and thin when the wall became thin and the other would be there to thicken them right back up or to hold up the wall from collapsing. Whilst the last thing they wanted would be for the other to become broken and yet... Yet something came over Y/N that day because she did... She did let it happen.

As horrific as it may sound there was no going back now and she knew that from the start. She remembers confronting Castiel every time he got into a fight or scraped his knees against the pavement or worse... Go teased at school or even an E on test... Which by the way only happened once.

She just always remembers being nowhere else yet with him. There to comfort him until better. There when he cried, there when he fell, there when he had his first fight with his mom... She had been there for everything. There until things were bright and happy against.

The best of times could be found in those moments like all those times she reassured- "They're assbutts Cassy you know that and if your a nerd then we can be nerds together," Everything horrible that ever happened to the raven-haired man Y/N would make a joke and see the bright side of everything.

"That cut on your leg is an assbutt however it'll heal so you'll be just fine Cassy... Breathe- You're not going to die," Every time she came she would say the same words.

"Nerds before assbutts?" And each and every time would they pinky promise their vow to one another. However their many promises  simply ceased to last over the long years ahead of them.

She had made a promise to him and he had made a promise to her... And Y/N had been the one to break it first.

Castiel loved his flannel because his mother had given it to him at a young age to grow into, every day since he was ten he stared at it in the closet waiting for the perfect time to wear it... That time becoming all throughout his sophomore and junior year. The red and black matched his favorite pair of black denim jeans. Every week he would find a day to wear this outfit, and every time he did feel like a million dollars. However, it only took one day to crush all of that.

It had been just like every other normal day when he found out the truth behind the woman he once called a best friend. Although it would take longer for him to find out everything this is where his suspicions about her really came to show.

When Y/N ceased to care enough to even hide it.

He wouldn't find out that she knew what was going to happen after school that day however what he would find out was- "Are we still meeting by the flagpole after school?" Y/N questioned leaning against the locker next to her friend.

"Yeah, I don't see why not," The raven-haired man grined in return slamming his locker shut his flannel flowing behind him.

That had been her chance to tell him... Or at least warn him, and she failed. That failure leading to much more than a broken friendship, yet a broken heart.

Castiel remembers bouncing his leg all day that day, excited to hang out with his friend after school like old times. Although it hadn't really gone out as planned. When the blue-eyed man made it to the flag pole that evening his best friend had been nowhere to be seen. He sighed waiting for minutes those minutes feeling like hours whilst they became long.

Finally, he decided to leave his comfortable spot on by the flagpole, knowing fully well that he might as well go home because he had been indeed ditched. The tears brimmed his eyes whilst he cursed himself for not knowing that this would happen because of course it was bound to happen. Every bone in his body should have been filled with anger however instead they were filled with sadness, simply because he just couldn't be mad at his friend.

"I can't believe this..." He whispered to himself while he walked down the sidewalk of the school kicking a stone.

It took every fiber in his body not to break down into tears at that moment, yet he knew that it just couldn't happen to be on school grounds. People would make even more fun of him, and though Castiel still had many friends, the bullies simply never seemed to go away.

Every step he took was just another step closer to home, a home in which he could be isolated in his room to cry. Castiel didn't choose to be this emotional, however, it just seems to happen to the best of us. All he wanted was his best friend back, and that was just something that he couldn't fix. The blue-eyed man would just have to live with the fact that he can't change other people.

Suddenly a sound perked up Castiels ears... The sound of his best friend although she wasn't saying his name yet... Azazel's. The raven-haired man's head whipped around only to find no one there, he scanned the horizon seaking the source of the sound.

Finally, the raven-haired man found his best friend pinned up against the wall by none other than Azazel who attempted to kiss her. "Hey! Get off of her!" He exclaimed knowing fully well that this was his moment to repay Y/N for everything she had ever done for him.

"I can kiss my girlfriend if I want," Azazel smirked turning around to face the raven-haired man. "Ah just who I was looking for-" That was when the blue-eyed man dropped his book out of his hand his eyes widening in fear at what the hell he had just done.