Gone

'If you're not human then what are you?' I inquired with my trembling voice.
'Well, why don't you find out?!' He launched himself forward with his left foot, planting a dent in the soil. He was so quick that I had no time to react, his black boot slammed into my hip, causing me to fall to the ground. I felt blood trickle out of my mouth, I wiped it off with one hand, and forced myself up. 'You'll never be able to defeat me,' his confidence was overwhelming.
'You'll never know until the end,' I muttered as I felt my burning anger turn into flames, the flames danced along the grass, turning all in its way into crisp. The fire made its way towards him, but as soon as it touched him, they vanished into thin air. 'This isn't getting anywhere,' Akuma sighed, 'so bye, I'm going to find someone else to battle.' As soon as the last word left his lips, he leapt away from me and ran off. 'Good work for maintaining your ground against him,' Lydia praised as she struggled to keep back a enemy.
'Thanks,'
The battle had now worsened, with both sides suffering deaths and casualties. As I scanned around, I found that Akuma was now fighting a angry Alice. 'What's wrong, Alice. Feeling a bit nostalgic?'
'Like hell,' she screamed as she took control of a tree and was making it slam its branches on Akuma. But every time the branches reached the ground, Akuma had already jumped away. He just kept moving around that it was nearly impossible for Alice to attack him. 'Stop moving!'
'Why?'
'Cause then I can't hit you!'
'And would I let you hit me when were opponents?'
'I don't know,'
Akuma grinned, 'Well it is getting a bit boring just avoiding your attacks.' He lunged forward, clearly with intent to attack. Akuma brought his sword forward, Alice jumped away, but she was a second late, the blade slashed Alice in the arm. Scarlet blood trickled out of the wound as she fell to the ground. She got up, a fist constructed of rocks and soil and was sent flying in his direction. He moved to the side but the fist just turned with him and continued to follow him. Suddenly, he stopped running, he stood in front of the fist and drew his sword, but before the fist even reached him, it stopped and crumbled back onto the ground as rocks and soil. 'I can't do it,' muttered Alice, tears formed around her eyes and began to roll down her face. As she stood there, Akuma drew his sword out, he positioned it in front of him. 'I love you,' she mouthed  as his sword slashed through Alice, the world seemed to stop for a moment as Alice's limp body dropped to the ground, her blood poured out , staining her clothes crimson.
The rain patterned down on the soil, mingling with the scarlet blood; Akuma lifted Alice's body, 'Thank you, Alice, you will always have a place in my heart,' he whispered as he gently laid her down on a dry patch of grass.
She was gone.
Our friend, was gone.
The anger was overwhelming, he had killed her, she had been killed by the man she had still loved. My anger morphed itself into fire; the fire I would use to avenge her death.