Morgan

The ship finally came to a stop. Morgan had fallen asleep, unsure of where she was, but as the vessel lurched to a halt, she came to. Stretching, she stood up, walked over to the bars and peeked through, her fingers wrapping around the cold metal. She caught a glimpse of a stormtrooper and swore under her breath. Not the First Order, please not the First Order... A trooper came over and smacked the bars with his gun. She jumped back, startled. He hit buttons on a console outside the door and the bars slid to the side. The soldier entered and bound Morgan's wrists, bringing her out into open space. She was in some sort of transport ship, a row of cells being emptied by more troopers, with more prisoners, all around her age. Her eyes met those of a boy, maybe one or two years younger than her, who looked terrified. She was sure the same expression was on her own face. Forced to keep walking, Morgan tried to maintain an expression of indifference - Her helmet had been taken away, of course, and now the fear was there for everyone to see. She hated it. But this is what she got for being careless. For trusting some voice in her head. A voice she hadn't heard in years. They continued their trek through the halls and Morgan thought furiously for a way out. She needed a plan, she needed to stay calm.  Relax, she told herself. Breathe. Finally, it came to her. She was behind the others, the only other person to worry about being the trooper at her back. As they began to go around a corner, Morgan fell to the ground, pretending to pass out, slowing her breathing. She heard the trooper sigh in frustration, and, as she opened her eyes a sliver, saw him motion to the others.

    "You go ahead," he groaned. "Barnes'll be waiting. I'll deal with this one." Morgan waited until she heard the sound of fading footsteps, then leaped to her feet, kicking the troopers legs out from underneath him, taking advantage of the short moment of surprise. He cried out, but before the sound could carry, she hit him with the back of his gun, and he was out like a light. She took his helmet and put it on her own head, nodding with satisfaction. Then she ran off towards the group. They'd already entered a room, and she slipped in just before the door slid shut, unnoticed. The chamber was large, lit by white lights, and occupied by the four other teens and their guards. A lead officer stood in front of them, a grim look on his face.

    "Tell me," he started as they halted. "Which of you goes by the name Morgan Knight?" A ripple of confusion spread across the group as the four glanced at each other in fear, muttering.

    "Not me," one said.

    "Me neither," the boy Morgan had been behind stuttered.

    Morgan swallowed, unsure of what to do, heart pounding. They wanted her. This... All of these people, captured, because they wanted her. She had to do something. Unfortunately, she didn't have much time. Before she could stop herself, she stepped out of the shadows, waving a hand.

    "I believe you're looking for me," Morgan laughed. "Appreciate the introduction, boys, but I'll take it from here," she said to the troopers, who'd loaded their blasters and were aiming, ready for the order to fire. The officer glared at her.

    "Morgan Knight," he sighs. "At last."

    "Not generally the reaction I aim for, I'll admit," she started, but he interrupted her.

    "Save the bravado, Mr Knight," he held up a hand, but his expression of triumph crumbles as Morgan laughs even harder. "I - I fail to understand what-"

    "What's so funny?" she asks, and bursts out in laughter once again. "Sorry, your officerness or whatever, but I'm a girl, and, I hate to say it, flattery doesn't work on me, especially from your lips," she drew the First Order blaster and pointed it at the officer. "However, this might work on you, so if you'd please let these poor souls go," her glare was unwavering. "I might be so kind as to spare you as well."

    "We have four guns on you, dear," he said drily. "What makes you think you'd make it out alive?"

    "I have a feeling you weren't planning on pulling the trigger," she said simply. "So, if that's that, I'll just be going..." She heard it before she saw it. One of the troopers fired, a sound like a blast of electricity crackling from the tip of his gun. Just like that, instinct kicked in. She closed her eyes, hands outstretched, and a wave of energy shot out, toppling the prisoners and their guards. The officer watched in shock as she leaped into the air, avoiding the fiery blast just in time, and sent a blast of her own at the officer. It wasn't meant to hit him, and he dove out of the way just in time, but she now had the opportunity she needed.

    "Quick!" she shouted at the dazed teenagers, who got to their feet, but not fast enough. The troopers were rising. She flicked a hand at the door, which flew out into the hallway, crashing into the wall as she sprinted out. She glanced back, motioning for the others to follow her, but when she faced the hall again, there were other troops running about - Though not towards her.

    "ALL SOLDIERS TO BAY TWO," a voice crackled over the speakers. "ALL SOLDIERS TO BAY TWO, THIS IS NOT A DRILL. ALL SOLDIERS TO BAY TWO." It continued as men ran about, the confusion perfect. Morgan made her way through the halls without being stopped. It was time to make her escape.