Jay

They spoke for a while longer, wandering. She looked around with an utter fascination for anything and everything, but there was a hesitation Jay couldn't place. C-3PO had received his signal, though: she was distracted, so the others could search her room. He didn't see why it was necessary. He just knew to follow his orders. Trusted that they were better than the orders he'd gotten on Snoke's ship. They had to be better. Right?

    When they passed the barracks, Morgan stopped to talk to one of the soldiers, firing questions at the young woman before she'd even turned to face her. Jay took this moment to slip away, activating his comlink.
    "Did you find anything?" he asked. Poe's voice came on the other end.
    "Nothing unusual," he admitted.
    "What did Leia say?"
    "The General," Poe corrected. "Said that Morgan has earned her trust. For now. How's your end?"
    "Be prepared," Jay warned solemnly. "She's a bit of a fan of your work, this one."
    "Do you think she's an option?" Poe asked after a moment's hesitation.
    "She flew that TIE no problem. She's definitely an option."
    "Hey, Jay?" Morgan called to him, waving for him to join her. "Are we heading back?"
    "Gotta go," Jay told Poe quickly when she'd looked away, then ran to catch up with her.
    "After you," she smiled, and they walked away.