Morgan

Seated in the TIE fighter, anxiety running wild, Morgan wondered if the other prisoners had escaped. She forced herself to focus. Not right now. But her heart rate spiked as a voice came on over the fighter's comm.

    "Asher, is that you?" the speakers crackled. The voice was male, young, maybe sixteen or seventeen. Morgan stayed silent. Was this a First Order pilot? She continued on her way out of the fight. "Asher?" She swallowed.

    "Who is this?" she responded, then immediately realized it was probably a trap.

    "This is Jay Russo of the Resistance," the voice said shakily. "Who am I speaking to?" The Resistance? Morgan's heart skipped a beat.

    "This is Morgan Knight," she answered quickly. "I just escaped. What is the Resistance doing here?"

    "Hang on-" the voice cut off for a second, replaced by the sound of lasers and explosions. Morgan poured the thrust on, shooting away. "Wait! I'm sending coordinates. A safe place. Did you receive them?" Morgan heard three beeps coming from a microphone to her right. She checked the display.

    "Yeah, yeah I've got them," she didn't yet trust this voice, but she didn't have anything left to lose. "Leaving the system." She entered the coordinates, the computer completing its calculations, and she shot into hyperspace.