Chapter 14

I jumped up and took in a sharp breath. Jeez. That drowning thing is intense.

I got up out of my bed and walked to the bathroom. I took off my clothes and looked in the mirror.

I looked different.

My green eyes had life, just not as much as it had when I was with Dante.

I sighed before I turned the shower on hot and stepped in.

After a few minutes, I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I put the rag on the soap stand and got out. I wrapped a fluffy black towel around myself before I walked in the room and opened my door.

"Hi...uhh- I- um- Alp- He-" Simon stuttered.

Simon is nineteen, buff, and cute, but he is like any other male. A sucker for a pretty person.

I looked down the hallway and saw Dante about to walk pass my door, I smirked as a plan popped in my head.

I slowly walked towards Simon and gently put my hand on his chest. I leaned in, pulled him down, and whispered in his ear.

"Yes, Simon." I whispered as I made it sound like a moan.

"I-uhh- Alpha Carter sent me to tell you that dinner is ready. You slept through the day." He nervously said.

"Mmhm, okay. You tell him that I'll be right there. I have to pick out an outfit." I whispered.

"Okay." Simon said before detaching himself from my grip and starting to walk away.

"Simon." I called. As he turned around I saw his little friend poking at him painfully.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Wanna help me choose an outfit?" I seductively asked as I leaned into the door.

His breathing hitched and just as he was about to answer, someone interrupted.

"No! No he does not! Simon, got get dinner." Dante growled. Simon quickly turned back around and walked down the hall.

I groaned and walked in my room as Dante uninvitedly followed.

"What was that, Audrey!?" Dante angrily yelled.

"What ever are you talking about, Alpha?" I innocently asked.

"Stop playing innocent Audrey, we both know you're anything but innocent in this situation! Why were you flirting with Simon?" Dante growled out of frustration.

"Alpha, all I can tell you is that I had a mate. He was the most beautiful guy I have ever seen, but he had a girlfriend. Crazy right? Apparently, he broke up with his girlfriend for me, but he ended up cheating on me. At first, I was heart broken, but after a little, I realized I rather feel no emotion than feel the emotion of sadness that I was feeling. I also knew I am going to need someone to fulfill my needs, if it isn't my mate then so be it." I said as I stared into his eyes.

I saw hurt pass through his eyes as I said the last sentence. He walked up to me and rested his hands on my waist. "Audrey, baby, I am so sorry. Please just let me explain what happened."Dante pleaded.

I sighed, "You have five minutes."

He smiled, "When you left Clarita came in and tried to get me to sleep with her, I told her no because I had a mate. She said that she didn't care because I was special and she felt butterflies when she looked at me. I told her no again. She began to cry before running out. I was doing pack work on the couch but ended up falling asleep. When I woke up there she was, bouncing on my lap and before I could react you came in." He explained.