Chapter 26

We soon finished training and I walked over to Dante and Carter.

"Hey, baby." Dante said to me, kissing my forehead.

"Hey Dante, do you know where Mr. Crescent is?" I asked. I really needed to thank him again.

"Yes, H-" Dante began.

"His mate's pregnant. He decided to spend some time with her." Carter ended.

I looked at Carter. Dante glared at Carter.

Carter smiled at me, but he smirked at Dante.

"Oh, oka-" I was interrupted by a sad voice.

"Audrey." Jake said in a broken voice.

I turned around to look at Jake. His hair was everywhere and his eyes had dark circles under them. His once full of life eyes are now dull and bloodshot.

"Oh my Moon Goddess! Jake! Are you okay? What happened? Do I have to beat someone up?" I said, running to him.

He collapsed to the ground and I dropped with him. I cradled his head to my chest as he cried harshly.

"S-She rejected m-me. She s-said we c-can't be together." He sobbed.

I was filled with anger at his words. Why would someone reject him? He is an amazing person and extremely caring.

"Who rejected you, Jake? I need to know who." I softly spoke, not wanting to scare him at his time of vulnerability.

"C-Clarita." He sniffled.

'Oh, not this b*tch again. When will she get out our lives.' Athena growled.

'Hush! He's grieving! Even though we don't like her doesn't mean that he didn't. After all, she's his mate.' I scolded.

'Correction. She WAS his mate.' Athena replied smartly.

I mentally rolled my eyes at her before returning my gaze to Jake.

"When did she do it? Do you know why she can't be with you?" I questioned.

"J-Just now. I f-found y-you a-afterward. She t-told m-me-" He hiccuped.

I could tell he couldn't get the words out at this moment so I let it be.

"Poor baby." I whispered, kissing his head.

I felt Dante's anger through the bond and I decided to mindlink him.

'Baby, chill. He's my friend and he's grieving. Him and his wolf have always liked me so his first thought was to come find me.'

'I know. It just angers Drake.'

'Tell him I love only you guys. No one else.'

After a few seconds, Dante responded,

'He said you're ours and to remember that. Now, go to a room or something. Everyone is staring at you two. Don't touch too much. I mean it, Audrey.'

I internally smiled before looked around at everyone. They were indeed staring intently at us. They all gave Jake a look of pity and me a look of pride and adoration.

I got up and picked Jake up on his feet. I began pulling him all the way to my room and when we got there, I sat him on my bed.

"Now, I want you to tell me what happened in detail. Leave nothing out and try not to stutter so I can understand. I know it's hard but fight it for me." I said in an encouraging voice.

Jake took a deep breath before beginning, "I was walking to the kitchen to get a quick snack before I went on a run and Clarita was there. She was making Beta Calvin some pasta salad. I reached over her to the fruit basket to get an apple and caught a whiff of her scent. It was the best scent I ever smelled but it also had a twing to it that I couldn't describe. I said the clique 'mate' and she said the same. We stood there, staring at eachother for what felt like forever.