Chapter 17

April's POV

As Natela and I carry the guy in the house, I overhear Harry and Liam talking about him. I went back outside when we set him down.

"Have you ever seen him before?" Liam questioned Harry.

He shook his head, "No, but damn, his name sounds so familiar.... did he say what his last name was?"

"Nope, just 'Zayn'," Liam sighed.

I went inside and checked him to see if he had any type of identification on him. Pockets, nothing. Jacket, nothing.

I saw a piece of paper sticking out of his combat boot. A letter.

Gotcha.

I took his shoe off and grabbed the paper. Someone could use some shoe fresher.

I opened the folded piece of paper. To Zayn Malik.

Well I guess his last name is Malik.

I miss you so much. You have to get me out of the government's hostage. They won't let me go..... You have to help me. There's something that's making all of this worse and I need to get out as soon as possible. I'm.... I'm pregnant. I can't give birth to a baby here, they'll kill both of us. Hell, they'll kill me if they see me growing in the stomach. You can't let that happen to the baby. Come soon, Zayn. I love you.

Forever yours,

Perrie Edwards.

That was interesting.

So apparently there's a pregnant woman who is being held hostage by the government and is gonna be killed if Zayn doesn't get her out. Maybe he came here for our help?

I ran outside to Harry and Liam and showed them the letter. "I found this in his boot."

Harry took it out of my hand and his lips were moving as he read the paper.

"Perrie must be his girlfriend or wife or something." He says.

"Maybe that's why he came to us." Niall suggests, emerging from the house. I nod in agreement.

"That's what I was thinking." I say. "I'll go and I can ask Delilah and Natela if they're up for it. I'm sure they won't have a problem and-"

"Woah woah woah." He interrupts. I narrow my eyes at him.

"What?"

"Go where?" He asks.

"To find that Perrie girl." I shift uncomfortably and can already feel my cheeks warming up.

"If any of you think for one second that we're going to risk our weapons and teammates to find this guy's girlfriend then you're nuts. We don't know for sure why he came up here. We don't know if he's dangerous. And he and his wife's carelessness does not constitute an emergency on our part!" Harry snaps.

I know what he is saying makes total sense, but I still stand and glower at him before walking inside with the girls.

I can't help but look back and see his broad frame retreating in the woods, a lighter pressed against his palm. I know what he's going to do, and frankly, I don't like it. He could get sick. I turn and run after him, ignoring the voices calling my name from the doorway.

As I near him, I slow down and lighten my steps so he won't hear me approach. He keeps walking. As seconds turn to minutes, I begin to feel queasy. Where is he going? And why is it taking so long?

"Why are you such a curious person?" He snaps back at me. Oops. I must've said that out loud.

"I don't know, maybe because I joined a team with a fucking psychopath such as yourself! You refuse to tell me anything!"